Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacqueline

New in Town
Thank you and no it doesn't matter. What really matters is that its a Canadian Biltmore with a nice finish. Biltmores are only made in the States now. Biltmore made hats for other vendors. Millers was one of them. There are members here who kno alot more about Biltmore Hats, "peluche" finishes and Miller's Hats, then I. If you go on the Biltmore website and call their special order ph # you may be able to reach Erica and she could probably tell you more abt the hat.

The size is incredibly small (6 7/8) and doesn't fit my husband so he is thinking of selling it...

...Did you know that Aussies refer to flip flop sandals as thongs?
I still do. The flip-flop designation still sounds weird to me . We always called them thongs...
That's what we called them when we were kids.
Canadians too!
Yep. When I was growing up here in southern California a "thong" was that type of sandal. Then the "G String" version came along and people got tired of having to clarify which version they meant, so the term "flip flops" became more prevalent.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Yep. When I was growing up here in southern California a "thong" was that type of sandal. Then the "G String" version came along and people got tired of having to clarify which version they meant, so the term "flip flops" became more prevalent.
G String eh? Southern Californians must be a modest lot, on The Mediterranean shores they wear cheese cutting wires, that's if they bother at all.

What time period were the Stetson 'Key Club" hats made. I just picked up a nice dove gray "ultimate finish" that is a really nice soft felt. Not sure it was ever worn. Had the original price of $35 in it.
Also picked up a nice chocolate brown Dobbs "Carmody" with its original price of 59.95.
Both in my size of 7 1/2 Long Oval and both as if they were never worn....they were from the same source..............

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
What time period were the Stetson 'Key Club" hats made. I just picked up a nice dove gray "ultimate finish" that is a really nice soft felt. Not sure it was ever worn. Had the original price of $35 in it.
Also picked up a nice chocolate brown Dobbs "Carmody" with its original price of 59.95.
Both in my size of 7 1/2 Long Oval and both as if they were never worn....they were from the same source..............
pics would help ... but those prices suggest semi modern models

pics would help ... but those prices suggest semi modern models
I think they are from late 60's or early 70's but not really sure. Here are a couple of pictures of the Dobbs. The Stetson is at work. I will ad picts of that tomorrow.
M

Attachments

• 1477954495028533954216.jpg
    1477954495028533954216.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 14779545486031148912341.jpg
    14779545486031148912341.jpg
    467.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 1477954582648817355400.jpg
    1477954582648817355400.jpg
    629 KB · Views: 94
  • 1477954630646-1482760224.jpg
    1477954630646-1482760224.jpg
    558.1 KB · Views: 107

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
G String eh? Southern Californians must be a modest lot, on The Mediterranean shores they wear cheese cutting wires, that's if they bother at all.
Yep...even along the shore line in Genoa, a band aid is about what some gals will wear...and that may be even on one of their feet! Haha!

A lot of Americans still have hangups about the human body, so the "decency" laws here tend to dictate what some people will or won't wear here. :rolleyes:

I think Zombie's still talking about shoes.
No, in that context I was talking about the...err..."backside floss" underwear and swimwear worn primarily by young women who want to flaunt their "assets".

I'd say 70s ... possibly even 80s

@Brad Bowers could probably tell you who sewed in the sweat :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I can tell sounds like you are real close. The business where they were sold seems to have went out around 1980. The "Key Club" Stetson (which I am wearing and will post pictures of later) seems to have been made from the mid 60's to about 1976 according to a couple of online catalog sources. So their later vintage would certainly explain their great condition.
By the by, when does a Fedora become a "Trilby" or a "Stinger". My general definition has been at under a 2 inch brim the Fedora becomes another hat.....so under 2 inches a "Trilby". Under 2 inches and a flat top a "Pork Pie" or "Stinger".
Not sure if I am about right............

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo