Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bath or Shower

Bath or shower...?

• Baths all the way!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Showers are it!

• Mostly baths but sometimes showers

• Mostly showers but a bath every blue moon

• Total voters

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hm, we seem to have a LOT of unnaturally dirty Loungers! lol

My understanding is that the Japanese solve the "sitting in your own filth" problem by scrubbing and showering off first, THEN soaking.

Also, at the end of a bath, I always stand up, run the shower, and scrub with a loofah.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
One foot on the rim of the tub, the other planted firmly on the tub bottom, and one hand grasping furiously on the shower curtain for safety's sake. Easy breezy!

Now, for me the problem is not being able to wear my glasses in the shower -- everything has to be done by feel.

(PS, Joie -- I was trying to reply to your post and pressed the edit button by mistake. Even *with* the glasses on, I don't see very well!)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Hm, we seem to have a LOT of unnaturally dirty Loungers! lol

My understanding is that the Japanese solve the "sitting in your own filth" problem by scrubbing and showering off first, THEN soaking.

Also, at the end of a bath, I always stand up, run the shower, and scrub with a loofah.

yep...me too...the bath part is for bubbles and sitting there....not for -clean cleaning- precisely.....

Inky

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
I am a devoted bather. I really enjoy sitting in lovely hot water and relaxing.

I read whole books, drink wine, or coffee.....all while soaking.

I have been known to actually come home from work, soak and fall asleep in the tub.

So..shower or bath?

My hubby does that! He often falls asleep in the tub and takes more baths than showers during the week. Actually, he only showers instead of a bath if he's in a hurry.

Me on the other hand, rarely take a bath and much prefer a shower. That sitting around in water just isn't that fun unless I am really sore or stiff, then a hot bath can hit the spot!

Hubby has a huge collection of bubble baths and rubber duckies to keep him company :D

Rachael

A-List Customer
I'm so very jealous of everyone. Since I moved in February, we don't have a tub. We even booked our vacation based on who had the most inviting tubs. But to answer the question: for me, showers are for cleaning and tubs are for reading.

Wil Tam

Practically Family
is this just a poll for women...

or can a man join in? ;)

If I actually had a nice large tub that I can fit my butt into without displacing half the water then I would probably like taking baths

but I don't so I shower daily

also to follow Asian traditions you should shower before you bathe so you won't be sitting in your own grime .......just saying

crwritt

One Too Many
Does soaking in the hot tub count as a bath? Other than that, showers mostly.
I prefer to wash my hair in the laundry sink.

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
I always feel guilty with a hot bath... we use enough water with my child's baths so I tend to take 2 minutes showers. :)

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
LizzieMaine said:
One foot on the rim of the tub, the other planted firmly on the tub bottom, and one hand grasping furiously on the shower curtain for safety's sake. Easy breezy!

lol See, every time I've tried, and I have tried, I feel like I'm going to pitch through the glass shower doors.:eek: I think I'll stick to remaining seated.;)

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
For self-cleansing? Showers.

For relaxing? Baths.

I am not sure how to vote!

im the same....as a chef i like showers after work, but i only have a bath at the moment till i grt my shower fitted!!:eek:

in my ideal i shower first,wash my hair in the shower and relax in the bath!

59Lark

Practically Family
mostly showers for me.

Years ago, a incident happened which took my interest in baths away, when I was in my teens, a certain young lady and I took an interest in each other. The next step was too ask her for a date, getting up the courage , she drowned in her tub the next day. She was prone to seizures and told not to take baths but she ignored that advise had a seizure in the tub hit her head and drowned. Been a shower man ever since, twenty five years later at least. What might have been, will never know. 59Lark:eek:fftopic:

ScotchWhisky

Familiar Face
I would love to take baths every day (and I have fibromyalgia, so my body would probably like it too), but I just can't get over the wastefulness. I use so much less water when I just take a shower that I can't justify more than a bath or two a month when my muscles and joints really hurt. :eek:

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If I take a regular shower, it just about fills the tub up to the point where I would fill it if I was going to take a bath.

I've always heard that baths use more water, but in my case at least, that just doesn't seem to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany