Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bath or Shower

Bath or shower...?

• Baths all the way!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Showers are it!

• Mostly baths but sometimes showers

• Mostly showers but a bath every blue moon

• Total voters

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
My understanding is that the Japanese solve the "sitting in your own filth" problem by scrubbing and showering off first, THEN soaking.
Yup. And the baths here are so set up that the water stays hot, at the desired temp whether one soaks long or short :) Even in the past, when we didn't have the luxury of electric or gas water heaters, baths were so built that there was a furnace built right by the bath so the water always stayed warm enough to soak. :p

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
LaMedicine said:
Yup. And the baths here are so set up that the water stays hot, at the desired temp whether one soaks long or short :) Even in the past, when we didn't have the luxury of electric or gas water heaters, baths were so built that there was a furnace built right by the bath so the water always stayed warm enough to soak. :p

Plus they're nice and deep and meant to be sat upright in, with the water up to the shoulders, right? I had one of those growing up. The best way to bath! (Yes, bath, not bathe lol.)

miss_elise

Practically Family
10 minute shower?!?

oh, for those glorious days...

see above with Australia and said drought...

recommended 4 mins tops...

and some country folk only have water to have a shower every other day

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Plus they're nice and deep and meant to be sat upright in, with the water up to the shoulders, right? I had one of those growing up. The best way to bath! (Yes, bath, not bathe lol.)

I can also highly recommend the tubs on the QM.....super deep and when leaning with head against headrest area....I cannot touch the other end with feet...:)

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
miss_elise said:
10 minute shower?!?

oh, for those glorious days...

see above with Australia and said drought...

recommended 4 mins tops...

and some country folk only have water to have a shower every other day

No fun! I would have to really work to have a 4 minute shower! And probably shave my legs with the water off.

ScotchWhisky

Familiar Face
Yeah, I take four-minute showers. Leg-shaving happens with the water off. If it's a long shower, then no, I don't think baths are more wasteful, but I try to keep it short.

I've been brainwashed by all the years in green-a-go-go Seattle. ;)

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
I guess it is good that our water heater won't hold out that long - no super long showers here. I heard the other day that the hippies were right showering together does actually save water - so for all the eco-conscious folks out there...

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
I take showers, because of my living situation right now (long story). My husband and I like to rent a cabin once or twice a year and we make sure there is a roman tub or spa. ;) Something with the jet bubbles for my back, is always nice.

jasmynskyes

Familiar Face
I love baths but due to lack of time and a small water heater, showers it is. When I do take a bath, I shower first, then lounge until I'm cold and pruney, or the book ends, whichever comes first !!

Cricket

Practically Family
My husband knows that if I take a moment for a bath, I must have had a stressful day and to give me a minute. I love to soak, usually with bubble bath, bath salts or some kind of treat.
It is so relaxing, and now our little son is taking "big boy baths." It will be fun to sit in there with him and just play like I am a kid again.

I have to take showers everyday though because it is the quickest way to get ready for work.

This thread makes me want to jump in the tub during my lunch break. Mmmm?

olive bleu

One Too Many
i'm a bather from way back.I've always preferred bathing ,both for cleaning purposes and for relaxing.I feel i am already rushed so much in my life that i deserve to be able to spend more than 4 minutes to clean my body.I really don't have "sitting in my own filth" issues, but i know people who do.Now, as a kid, my sister and i actually had to take turns bathing in the same tub full of water,as we lived in the sticks and had to rely on water from our own well.It was a great treat to not have to sit in my sister's filth, but to get in the tub first!*yucky*

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
Mrs. Merl said:
I guess it is good that our water heater won't hold out that long - no super long showers here. I heard the other day that the hippies were right showering together does actually save water - so for all the eco-conscious folks out there...

I consider myself pretty green, but I still cannot bring myself to shower with hubby. I have a routine when I shower, so trying to stick to that - like shaving my legs - while bumping into each other is not easy!lol

So I say most days I take about a 15 minute shower, but when it's incredibly cold outside or super late at night, a bath is always welcome.

My water heater leaves me taking tepid showers, though :( I maybe have 5 minutes of hot, hot water that I like, but then have to rush to beat the cold water.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I take long, hot showers. I love the LOOK of tubs, especially the old clawfoots, or '50s pastel tubs (I saw architectural salvage of a LILAC PURPLE tub and was sorely tempted) but don't actually find them very comfortable. For relaxation after gardening/working out I just make the shower longer.

I could easily live without any tub at all, and do not favor taking showers in the bath/shower combos because I find the bigger "stall" lets too much cold air in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot