Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beauty Complaints

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I love all the effort I put into my hair. It doesn't take me long and I love the result.

Sometimes I like putting on my makeup, but most of the time it just feels like a boring routine. It only takes me 10 minutes, but I still think I should be able to wake up with it perfectly applied like in 1930s movies!

I hate taking the stuff off. It never fully comes off no matter what I do or use, and I usually look like a hag without it.

I only wear heels when I'm at work and I'm going to be sitting for most of the day. I can't help it, but I think it's hilarious when I see a woman wearing unsensible shoes and walking all funny :eek: All for the sake of fashion.

I never wear foundations. They aren't really made for someone who drinks LOTS of water all day.

My biggest HATE, though, is head sweat! No matter what time of year it is my head sweats profusely at night when I am sleeping. The nape of my neck is usually soaked when I take out my pincurls, which leaves that hair straight. I HATE IT! I used to have to curl it with the iron and it was such a pain! Lately, though, I've been using small sponge rollers at the nape of my neck and it's been helping a lot.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Oh, I have another good one!

When I'm just "messing around" with my hair and it turns out perfectly. Then when I seriously want it to be like that, it never turns out right. Grrr! Happened to me yesterday!

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Amy Jeanne said:
Oh, I have another good one!

When I'm just "messing around" with my hair and it turns out perfectly. Then when I seriously want it to be like that, it never turns out right. Grrr! Happened to me yesterday!

Oh Man! That happens to me all the time. It reminds me of the cartoon with the singing and dancing frog.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
My biggest complain is that the days that I take the most care with my morning routine are usually the days when nobody sees me. A perfect example of this was this past week. When the husband left for work, I was wearing pjs and curlers. Because of snow-related traffic problems, he got home very late to find me in pjs and curlers. Yes, I had gotten dressed and did my hair, but he never saw it.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Miss Sis said:

However, cutting out Citrus fruit has helped enormously. Apparently they are know to aggrivate all skin conditions such as dermatitis, excema, psoriasis etc. so it is definitely worth a try, trust me!
That makes alot of sense. I used to have the same problem all year, but it went away when I eliminated dairy. Then it started coming back only during winter. I thought it was the dry air but I always eat a lot of clementines when they are in season, only in the winter. I won't eat any more and see if that helps.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Christy said:
I step outside I notice hair all over my clothes. I love to wear black, but I'm thinking of giving it up because of all of the cat hair. The worst is when it gets in my food, yuck!

I lost this battle long ago. I knew it was over when I found a dog hair in the peanut butter. :confused:

I do so wish I could just unzip her and shake her out every morning. But until thats an option, I suffice with a lint roller.

LD

Christy

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
I lost this battle long ago. I knew it was over when I found a dog hair in the peanut butter. :confused:

I do so wish I could just unzip her and shake her out every morning. But until thats an option, I suffice with a lint roller.

LD

lol I definitely can relate! I find hairs in my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I always joke that we should shellac the cats!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I've got 2 collies and a cat. I don't even see the fur anymore. If I pretend it doesn't exist, it can't be all over my clothes :D

Lenore

Practically Family
Back to the grumble about eyebrows... I swear, if Joan Collins and Groucho Marx had a child, it would have MY eyebrows. And I've misplaced my tweezers.. :eusa_doh:

Smuterella

One Too Many
^ oh, yes, I understand completely. I think I might be part wolf. I waxed mine last night, in readiness for a date, and the darn chap turns up two hours early while I've still got red post-wax brows. eeep!

Also - why are all brown brow pencils actually orange, I just can't find the right colour anywhere.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Oh god, I'm so glad it's not just me with the pet hair! My cats hair is now woven into most of my knitwear, it gets in all my food - I had to triple wipe the surfaces before doing my christmas baking and it still appeared! Arrrrgh!

Lenore

Practically Family
Smuterella said:
^ oh, yes, I understand completely. I think I might be part wolf. I waxed mine last night, in readiness for a date, and the darn chap turns up two hours early while I've still got red post-wax brows. eeep!

Also - why are all brown brow pencils actually orange, I just can't find the right colour anywhere.

I noticed that too, which is a main reason why I switched to powder.

Also, and I cannot remember the brand for the life of me, I once owned the perfect medium brown eyebrow pencil. When I had my hair blonde, it worked as a taupe almost. When I had my hair darkest brown (which might make a resurgence once I'm not so busy) it looked a dark brown. It was perfect and I looooooved it. I would swear it was revlon, but would probably be wrong. The outside of the pencil was a bright red with a red cap. I remember running out and going to walgreens to get a new one and was unable to find it... This was about 10 years ago. I still haven't found it. I would assume, like all other fabulous finds, that it was discontinued. :(

Lenore

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:
Oh god, I'm so glad it's not just me with the pet hair! My cats hair is now woven into most of my knitwear, it gets in all my food - I had to triple wipe the surfaces before doing my christmas baking and it still appeared! Arrrrgh!

I think cats have evolved a trait in which their fur becomes magnetically charged to the closest contrasting color surface once it's been shed.

This would explain why a black and white cat will only leave white hair on dark objects and black hair on light objects, and despite continuous cleaning, the hair will remain there.

What this has to do with survival of the fittest? I have no idea, but it's the only logical explanation in my mind.

Lotta Little

One of the Regulars
I hate having to get my hair colored. It quickly fades from a nice rich brown to a washed-out reddish brown toward the ends. I just saw some photos taken of me over the holidays and realized I really can't skip a salon appointment or I have two-tone hair!

The Shirt

Practically Family
I hate having to get my hair colored. It quickly fades from a nice rich brown to a washed-out reddish brown toward the ends.

I agree with this one! I went from two toned blond/brunette under to a red/auburn. MY ends are fading soooo fast it's gross. I think I may have officially destroyed my hair, sigh. And I refuse to cut it all off. Hate hair maintenance.

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
I'll agree with you ladies on the eyebrows thing. i always say i inherited my dad's eyebrow! i always wax them but tweeze in between waxes and i can never get it right! Grr...the price we pay to look fabulous!

Avalon

A-List Customer
Fleur De Guerre said:
My cats hair is now woven into most of my knitwear

I made a scarf as a Christmas gift, and had to stop every so often and remove the Velvet-fuzz that had worked its way in. lol

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
Avalon said:
I made a scarf as a Christmas gift, and had to stop every so often and remove the Velvet-fuzz that had worked its way in. lol

My cat has a bad habit of lying on freshly washed clothes, in the basket...there is never a time i'm not covered in somekind of fur...at least it's Chanel! (that's my cats name)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner