Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beauty Complaints

nosferaturoams

Familiar Face
My complaint would be when my sets come out bad after spending an hour trying to get em just right.
Also: I love red lipstick but my lovely boyfriend , as sweet as he may be, hates it more then anything when I wear it. I rarely ever get to wear my lovely lipstick that I shelled quite a few $$ out for.

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
My complaint would be when my sets come out bad after spending an hour trying to get em just right.
Also: I love red lipstick but my lovely boyfriend , as sweet as he may be, hates it more then anything when I wear it. I rarely ever get to wear my lovely lipstick that I shelled quite a few $$ out for.

Ha! The one single (and I do mean ONLY) benefit to being long distance at the moment is never worrying about color or kissability of my lippy. I do as I please, and I miss him terribly while I do it.

wahine

Practically Family
My man likes me best all natural. He does like it when I'm going vintage but he doesn't seem to understand that chique clothes and set hair just don't go with a naked face. So, when I think I look fabulous, he'll raise his brows and say "you wear too much make-up" (although it's still little, compared with the average women I see in the street). He practically hates lipstick, so I usually try to keep that as unobtrusive as possible.

My real beauty complaint is that I can't wear skin make-up. My skin is okay for every day use, so to say. I hardly ever get pimples or anything. But once in a while I get red blotches that I want to cover. That's when the misery starts. When I put on make-up, my skin will have an even color, but it will look sort of bumpy, almost as if I applied a sandy facial mask (hard to explain). The "sandy" texture of my skin is invisible without make-up, but with it, it's so obvious! I tried about 15 different sorts of make-up, the result is always the same. So usually, after frustrating fights with my skin, I end up taking it all off and leaving the house with just some powder.

BettyMaraschino

Familiar Face
My beauty complaint would be breakouts. The fact I'm a little paranoid about wrinkles. I can never seem to match my eyes up when I do my eyeliner.

My other complaint is my man hates my lipstick and hairspray. He prefers me "natural".

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
My biggest problem is my asymmetric face. It´s hard work to make the right and the left side look the same, especially when it comes to the lips and the eyebrows.
The second big problem is my horribly dry, flaky skin. To cover the red blotches on my cheeks I´d have to use make up that immediately turns into flakes as soon as it gets into contact with my skin.

My boyfriend hates lipstick, too, btw. No kissing with lippy on.

Frenchy56

A-List Customer
My biggest problem is my asymmetric face.

My boyfriend hates lipstick, too, btw. No kissing with lippy on.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN! .... :D my nose is slightly wonky - it curves over to one side, so one side of my face looks completely different in profile t the other... typically, that's also the side with my wonky tooth. Aren't I a stunner *eyeroll*

To all those whose men are hostile to their retro makeup looks, ARGH! Mine can be *infuriating* sometimes, it's like he can't make up his mind what he prefers- one minute he's telling me how great I look all done up, and the next he's saying that he likes me natural! a number of times he's told me I look gorgeous when I'm in my pjs with no makeup and bed hair - a mark of true love, I know, but somewhat frustrating when I make such an effort with my hair and makeup!

BTW I fully recommend lip stains for anyone who wants a lip colour they can wear without fear (yours or his :D) of it being smeared all over your beloved's face... I use Bourjois' Rouge hi-tech in an orangey-red and a deep fuschia, posted about them in the red lipstick thread. Discontinued I think but can be found cheaply on Ebay.

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
My biggest problem is when I wear any type of dark eye make-up, including mascara, I end up with it under my eyes. I wipe it up throughout the day, but there's always more, does anyone have a good solution to this?

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Acne. If I ever conquer it I swear I'll never have a beauty complaint again!
Of all the beauty chores I think filing your feet is the most boring, and they only stay soft a week or two. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this. Do the results of professional pedicures last longer?

Last edited:

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
My biggest problem is when I wear any type of dark eye make-up, including mascara, I end up with it under my eyes. I wipe it up throughout the day, but there's always more, does anyone have a good solution to this?

Did you try waterproof make-up? I feel like it doesn´t smudge as easy.

Tifa

Familiar Face
I love pretty red nails.
My own nails always breaks, the nail polish get smudged since I cannot sit still without doing anything.
To have pretty nails I need to go to a salon, and I pretty much never treat myself to that.

Color my hair black... I do it once a month. Done it for over 10 years. But god I HATE it. It's just so damn boring and I always end up doing it the last minute when I going out or something since I put off doing when I have time.

Romy Overdorp

One of the Regulars
My complaint: I wish I had natural curly hair.
I had curly hair until the age of 5 and after that it just went straight down. Blegh!
I also wish that I had blue eyes, but that's just a dream. That's a thing I love about my man, he has beautiful blue/green eyes and pitch black hair absolutely gorgeous!
Oh and when I'm stressed I tend to get break outs very annoying, so I try to keep myself stress-free.

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
I should be very grateful then. It's a trade off. Sorry to hear about that :(

Please don't think I meant to razz you! I never intended that, and I'm sorry if it came across that way. I merely meant to agree - my man hates red lippy, too. And even though I miss him, doing without him entirely would be far worse :)

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
That's a thing I love about my man, he has beautiful blue/green eyes and pitch black hair absolutely gorgeous!
Blue eyes and dark brown/ black hair on a guy is my favorite combination ever! Especially if he's fair and can blush... and his hair is curly. Yummy!

Romy Overdorp

One of the Regulars
He has curly hair, and he likes it when I do my make-up. But then again he has to support me with that because I want to be successful as a hairdresser and make-up artist. Girls like to put on pretty make-up men just have to accept that. Just like they always swoon over cars and pretty ladies, you don't hear us complain. :p

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Acne. If I ever conquer it I swear I'll never have a beauty complaint again!
Of all the beauty chores I think filing your feet is the most boring, and they only stay soft a week or two. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this. Do the results of professional pedicures last longer?

In my opinion a pedicure is well worth the money as my feet stay sooo much softer for longer. I tend to only have two a year, winter and summer, and then find i can keep on top of it at home with no probs. I also slather my feet in vaseline or oil once a week and sleep in socks, which is also great for keeping the tootsies soft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass