Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beauty Complaints

BettyMaraschino

Familiar Face
I would like to add on to my beauty complaints :D Since deciding to move house again my skin has decided to try to do its worst. 23 and I have the skin of a 13year old again.
I'm blaming stress and the fact that the cleansing wash I use has changed. (as ever when you find a product that works) Darn sensitive skin!!

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
So the roll on my left side of my head looks nice, I am pleased with this roll. Forget trying to make the one on my right look nice, I can re-roll it 15 times and it will still look lumpy and slide down my head.

And why do my hats only fit on the nice roll- covering up what I did well and exposing the world to a poorly rolled victory roll?

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
We had out first summery day today, it was about 80 degrees and humid, with big blustery wind gusts every once and a while. I was glad for the warmth, but I remember now how hellish the summer when you're wearing makeup and have your hair down! Time to retire the powders and lipstick 'til it gets cooler. Summer stickiness is also awful when you have bangs like me, ick!

rene_writer

Familiar Face
Oh gosh, my list could go on forever but I'll shorten it for the benefit of the forum. I always have dark circles under my eyes which nobody notices but me. My butt/upper thighs are totally cellulite free but I have a big dimple right above each knee. My chest is too big for cross-over tops, many V necks, and the majority of swimsuits. I always seem to have skin trouble. And my ultra curly hair is not amenable to vintage styling. Ah, it's nice to whine to people who won't judge.

But, for the ladies who have trouble with eye makeup remover I can STRONGLY suggest a product called Albolene. It's usually on the bottom shelf in Rite Aid and it's a thick, greasy, clear substance. One tub last years and a small swipe of it over the eyes will remove *all* of your makeup. You can literally just run a wet washcloth over your eyes and you're done. No scrubbing or scrapping. And for ladies with very dry skin, it's a great moisturizer.

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
My biggest complaint is my frizzy hair and my freckles. I actually love freckles but I can't wear foundation as you will be able to see my half-covered freckles through it and it looks terrible to me! Also I found out the hard way (through many, many failed sets) that the motto 'Just keep brushing" does not, and will never, apply to me. I've bought five different brushes and have brushed for an hour and it makes no difference! So now I just finger brush with some product on my fingers and that works :)

LittleMissToniJo

One of the Regulars
My biggest complaint is my frizzy hair and my freckles. I actually love freckles but I can't wear foundation as you will be able to see my half-covered freckles through it and it looks terrible to me! Also I found out the hard way (through many, many failed sets) that the motto 'Just keep brushing" does not, and will never, apply to me. I've bought five different brushes and have brushed for an hour and it makes no difference! So now I just finger brush with some product on my fingers and that works :)

I have the same problem with the freckles... I can relate!!

Juliet

A-List Customer
Sour cream+lemon juice+ chopped parsley = wonderful freckle-bleaching mask. I use it every summer, as my freckles crop up suddenly.
But, LittleMissToniJo, yours are lovely!

LittleMissToniJo

One of the Regulars
Sour cream+lemon juice+ chopped parsley = wonderful freckle-bleaching mask. I use it every summer, as my freckles crop up suddenly.
But, LittleMissToniJo, yours are lovely!

This is so cool! I absolutely love home remedies! I have the "Whitening Mask" from Mario Badescu which seems to help somewhat, too, but it's expensive!!

You are such a doll :)

Juliet

A-List Customer
I'm an honest doll :)

Edit: If you use it, don't be surprised if it stings somewhat - it's the acids. But my skin is fairly sensitive, and I've never had any trouble with this mask.

Last edited:

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
I have squinty eyes and hooded lids so eyeliner is always tricky for me. So much gets hidden that for it to show up with my eyes open, I have to put it on in a way that looks insanely over the top with my eyes closed. I'm still trying to find a good middle ground.
And aren't boobs at least a minor problem in some way for everyone? lol

Shann23

New in Town
I have a couple of complaints... My skin is terrible! Acne has plagued me for years, even after Accutane treatments. It's on my face, my chest, my neck, my back... It is so frustrating! I take an oral medicine for it, and I use two different topical medicines. While those keep it from being awful, I still have breakouts all the time. Also, my skin is so flaky and dry that I can't stand wearing foundation! It literally hurts to apply. It really sucks :-/ Right now, I'm using a Cetaphil lotion... Still get really flaky, but it keeps me from getting 'too' dry...

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
^Shann23, my heart goes out to you! Please browse the Back to Zits-thread: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?27878-Back-to-zits&highlight=back+to+zits
This is a post from the witch hazel thread:
^Yes! Cleanse your skin with something gentle (I use cold cream), then tone with witch hazel (rose water is nice too, but doesn't calm acne like witch hazel does), then moisturise (I use rose hip oil, but just use your favorite). Stay clear of toners with alcohol, they're not good for any skin type (unless applied with a q-tip on one particular zit).
Things that work if you have acne: witch hazel, rose hip oil, tea tre oil. Stay clear of basically all other so-called acne products (esp those with alcohol), they only make matters worse. My acne is due to genes and hormones. Birth control pills help, but I've chosen not to take them anymore because of other side-effects. My "acne vulgaris" (what a name!) isn't cured, but it's acceptable. I have perfect skin except for maybe three or five zits at a time, some cystic, but what I've mentioned really helps. Also, Queen Helenes Mint Julep masque! Treat your skin gently, even if (esp if) it's bad.

Last edited:

Tatum

Practically Family
Thank you for the advice! Where can you find all of these things?

Shann, you should be able to find rose hip and tea tree oil in a health food store or online. Witch hazel can be found in any drugstore. The masque is available at Sally's (thanks for the tips cherry, I'll have to try your methods). I happen to like Burts Bees Radiance cleanser, it seems to keep things to a dull roar.

I love rosewater but I can never find it locally...

Veronica

New in Town
My list :
- Acnea vulgaris AND 20% of white hair. At 30, I'd like my body to choose between both.
- hair removal : Doing it again, and again, and again...is driving me nuts
- brushing my teeth too, hating it and doing it nonetheless ( it's good to read that I'am not the only one)
- Battling with my liner for a proper cat-eye on falling eyelids

Juliet

A-List Customer
I have a couple of complaints... My skin is terrible! Acne has plagued me for years, even after Accutane treatments. It's on my face, my chest, my neck, my back... It is so frustrating! I take an oral medicine for it, and I use two different topical medicines. While those keep it from being awful, I still have breakouts all the time. Also, my skin is so flaky and dry that I can't stand wearing foundation! It literally hurts to apply. It really sucks :-/ Right now, I'm using a Cetaphil lotion... Still get really flaky, but it keeps me from getting 'too' dry...

Shann,
Can't you mix a drop of liquid foundation to your usual moisturiser? Just a bit, so it evens out the skin tone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner