Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Before and After?

Antje

One Too Many
before

icu3j4.jpg

just with make up

2cne7tw.jpg

done

js0rhd.jpg

Antje

One Too Many
KittyT said:
Lovely, Antje! Do you set your hair or is that all natural curl?

Thank you KittyT, It is my own curl I used to set my hair always, but I have natural curls wich I always abused, now I use Jessicurl cleansing cream instead of regular shampoo and my hair loves me for that, so I only do a set when I go out and otherwise I can do it whitout and use my natural curls

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Lucky you! I love your curls and your coloring :)

Antje said:
Thank you KittyT, It is my own curl I used to set my hair always, but I have natural curls wich I always abused, now I use Jessicurl cleansing cream instead of regular shampoo and my hair loves me for that, so I only do a set when I go out and otherwise I can do it whitout and use my natural curls

PS

A-List Customer
I thought I would add mine here as well.

Natural Hair
2rfvqms.jpg
[/IMG]
Set Hair
5vbomb.jpg
[/IMG]

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
OK.. I finally got the pictures loaded!!

THis is Before... Hair just blowdried and no makeup

Before.jpg

Here is after.. On Weekdays I normally dont wear alot of makeup.. just Mascara, Blush and Lipstick.. nothing else :)

After.jpg

When I go out (on the town i will do a more dramatic look.. just during the week I like to keep it simple :)

PS

A-List Customer
Lela,
OH MY GOD! Thats a ton of hair, beautiful hair! I could tell from your avatar that you had lots but I never expected that! You've got such a va-va voom look!

Antje and Heather, Thanks!
Antje, do you think the Jessicurl cleansing cream is worth it? Did you try just regular conditioner for washing before? I always load my cart at Jessicul and chicken out at the end!

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Oh I LOVE your hair!!! KatieKat Im going to have to try that sometime! I have a shirt just like the one your wearing and its soo comfy!

PS- Thank you!!! I really am blushing.. thats the first time anyone has said I have a Va Va voom look.. :)

I truly do have alot of hair and its long.. so its hard work to maintain this mane of mine.. but the end result is worth it :)

katiekat

New in Town
Thanks!!

There is so much you could do with your hair, Lela. /jealous

I had mine cut short for my wedding a year and a half ago, and I've been growing it and trimming it ever since. I had it pretty long, and then I cut yesterday for more layers and a more even look.

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
katiekat said:
Thanks!!

There is so much you could do with your hair, Lela. /jealous

I had mine cut short for my wedding a year and a half ago, and I've been growing it and trimming it ever since. I had it pretty long, and then I cut yesterday for more layers and a more even look.

It can be so much work sometimes.. I just wanna chop it off! I know I wont.. cause it took me 3 years to get my hair that long... but sometimes I get frustrated.. lol lol

Your haircut is the perfect length for a roller set and you can style it however!

katiekat

New in Town
Gah! I'm in desperate need of some eyebrow maintenance! This is why i hate looking at photos of myself. I always see something I need to run and fix. :D

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Going to the salon Wednesday...Any advice?

You girls are fantastic! Love the pics :eusa_clap
Ok, I started another thread asking for last minute help but thought this looked like a good thread too...Here's my hair tonight...
IMG_3501.jpg

(Grrr...my pics were showing up and now I only get a link grumble grumble)
I'm going to attempt highlights around my face so I can add some lighter swirls to my vintage do's. My hair is almost halfway down my back with layers and hasn't been cut in many months (currently greasy in prep for the dye job tomorrow). It's getting so long it is hard to manage. I'm going to take off a couple of inches and add some color but I don't really know what to ask the colorist for to get the effect I want...Any suggestions?
I will post my after pics tomorrow night...wish me luck :D

katiekat

New in Town
64tonya said:
I'm going to take off a couple of inches and add some color but I don't really know what to ask the colorist for to get the effect I want...Any suggestions?
I will post my after pics tomorrow night...wish me luck :D

I asked my sister about this (she's a cosmetologist) and she suggested either A, wear your hair in your standard vintage style so that the colorist can see where she would need to add highlights in order to make those sections pop, or B, wear your hair down, but bring photos of yourself or vintage hairstyle shots to show the colorist. The thing she stressed most was that you need to make clear to your stylist that your highlights are for a vintage look. Otherwise, you could very possibly end up with some big, chunky blond streaks that are way too modern for the effect you are trying to achieve.

On the flipside, if you want funky, go for the crazy highlights anyway!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo