Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Before and After?

64tonya

One of the Regulars
katiekat said:
I asked my sister about this (she's a cosmetologist) and she suggested either A, wear your hair in your standard vintage style so that the colorist can see where she would need to add highlights in order to make those sections pop, or B, wear your hair down, but bring photos of yourself or vintage hairstyle shots to show the colorist. The thing she stressed most was that you need to make clear to your stylist that your highlights are for a vintage look. Otherwise, you could very possibly end up with some big, chunky blond streaks that are way too modern for the effect you are trying to achieve.

On the flipside, if you want funky, go for the crazy highlights anyway!
Thanks for the tip KatieKat, I'm going straight from school so I'll be sure to put it up in rolls before I head out. I've been looking for some good pics but not much luck finding good 2-tone rolls...

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
LelaViavonie said:
OK.. I finally got the pictures loaded!!

THis is Before... Hair just blowdried and no makeup

Before.jpg

Here is after.. On Weekdays I normally dont wear alot of makeup.. just Mascara, Blush and Lipstick.. nothing else :)

After.jpg

When I go out (on the town i will do a more dramatic look.. just during the week I like to keep it simple :)

Stunning lady! You have such long hair!

lizylou

Familiar Face
LELA !!!!!!

You look so So So Stunning! You look amazing with and without your makeup!
:whistling

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Thank you Ladies.. im blushing :p :p :eek:

Well.. I have to thank you ladies for introducing me to OCM.. because thats the reason I no longer need to wear foundation... OCM has saved my face, my pocket book and my confidence!!
THank Ladies :D :D

64tonya

One of the Regulars
LelaViavonie said:
Thank you Ladies.. im blushing :p :p :eek:

Well.. I have to thank you ladies for introducing me to OCM.. because thats the reason I no longer need to wear foundation... OCM has saved my face, my pocket book and my confidence!!
THank Ladies :D :D
Psst...What's OCM? Whatever it is, it looks good!

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
64tonya said:
Please excuse my frizzies, I just did a quickie do to see how it would look :)
IMG_3529.jpg

IMG_3528.jpg

IMG_3526.jpg

IMG_3530.jpg

I LOVE IT!! for a quicke.. that was really really really good!! Wooohoo.. you look soo good!

Oh THank you Tatum for the OCM explanation.. i think I should have elaborated more.. lol

64tonya

One of the Regulars
LelaViavonie said:
I LOVE IT!! for a quicke.. that was really really really good!! Wooohoo.. you look soo good!

Oh THank you Tatum for the OCM explanation.. i think I should have elaborated more.. lol
Thanks :D :D :D I love your look too, It must have taken ages to curl all that hair!

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
64tonya said:
Thanks :D :D :D I love your look too, It must have taken ages to curl all that hair!

lol .. after a couple of years of rolling.. I have mastered it to 15 min for rolling my hair in the foam rollers.. the only thing that takes me abit long is that I spray every strand with lotta body.. cause my hair is such a pain without it!
Can you believe it used to take me an hour and a half just to roll my hair... Sheesh.. back then I had the time.. now I dont have time for anything! lol.. gotta make it snappy :)

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
LelaViavonie said:
lol .. after a couple of years of rolling.. I have mastered it to 15 min for rolling my hair in the foam rollers.. the only thing that takes me abit long is that I spray every strand with lotta body.. cause my hair is such a pain without it!
Can you believe it used to take me an hour and a half just to roll my hair... Sheesh.. back then I had the time.. now I dont have time for anything! lol.. gotta make it snappy :)

:eek:fftopic: How funny is it when you can start doing things that would take you ages in no time!

When I started to do a full face, with all my primers, and blending and stuff, it used to take me ages - now its not even a chore anymore.

Same with hair rolling!

Naama

Practically Family
This thread is a great idea I think! It's so interesting to see the transformation! I have to add some photos one day... But I always feel like I look like curt cobain with my hair all natural lol I don't know why....

Naama

Antje

One Too Many
PS said:
Lela,
OH MY GOD! Thats a ton of hair, beautiful hair! I could tell from your avatar that you had lots but I never expected that! You've got such a va-va voom look!

Antje and Heather, Thanks!
Antje, do you think the Jessicurl cleansing cream is worth it? Did you try just regular conditioner for washing before? I always load my cart at Jessicul and chicken out at the end!

I love the jessicurl products, I don't love conditioner washing only at all
and the cleansing cream is perfect, my hair is'nt greasy and it will be when I only conditioner wash,
I reccomend it

Lorena B

Practically Family
Before doing my hair. I have grown bangs that i roll at front

HPIM2212.jpg

My normal wear look! this is after doing my hair, eyes and a bit of brush.
HPIM2231.jpg

The top looks like this

HPIM2238.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo