Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belt loop removal?

BruceTracy

One of the Regulars
I was wondering if the seamstress at my dry cleaners should be able to remove the belt loops from my American Living charcoal gabardine dress trousers. If so, how expensive do you think this might be?

Inusuit

A-List Customer
If the loops are sewn to the waist band, you should be able to do it yourself with a very sharp knife.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
No - unless you grab a magnifying glass. I've removed many a belt loop from my pants and skirts with a seam ripper, and its never a problem.

anon`

One Too Many
No marks. I've had numerous belt loops removed, moved and replaced on trousers. It's something that any competent tailor can do (indeed, if you trousers have a center rear loop, this process is mandatory to alter the waist).

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
If belt loops can be removed, can side button adjusters be added as well? I'm wondering as I'm not too keen on braces, but I'd prefer button adjusters to a belt on my smarter suits. Is it possible to add these once the belt loops are gone or is this too much work?

Feraud

Bartender
The elastic is no problem. I believe Dinerman is referring to suitable fabric to match the garment to make the side fastners from.

This is an example with a buckle adjustment.
DSC05558.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR