Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berets, Anyone?

Daan

Vendor
I like the Marine BA, gorgeous dark blue. Just be mindful it appeares almost black in low light levels.
True, the Auloronesa/Aotearoa in navy is a very dark shade of blue, darker than many other berets in navy, but there are also the Auloronesa's in denim-blue and the Limited Edition Aotearoa in that colour.
upload_2018-2-12_17-14-49.png
upload_2018-2-12_17-14-57.png

Daan

Vendor
Thanks for that info Nico . I think BA has a dark red color? Bordeaux is it? I think you have that one? Is it close to maroon?

Thanks
Some confusion about colours here... Bordeaux is the same colour as Maroon; also called Burgundy or Wine. I prefer to stick with 'Bordeaux' as the English description 'maroon' is very close to the French 'marron' and Spanish 'marrón' (which means brown) and it's easy to see some confusion there with some readers/customers.
The left picture shows an Aotearoa in Bordeaux (Burgundy, maroon, wine, etc...) while the picture on the right shows the Auloronesa in rust-red.
upload_2018-2-14_17-21-46.png
upload_2018-2-14_17-21-58.png

As the name says, this colour red comes close to rust and is a long way from the bright red of the Spanish berets in red that are typically worn during fiestas (see below).

Nico

One of the Regulars
Some confusion about colours here... Bordeaux is the same colour as Maroon; also called Burgundy or Wine. I prefer to stick with 'Bordeaux' as the English description 'maroon' is very close to the French 'marron' and Spanish 'marrón' (which means brown) and it's easy to see some confusion there with some readers/customers.
The left picture shows an Aotearoa in Bordeaux (Burgundy, maroon, wine, etc...) while the picture on the right shows the Auloronesa in rust-red.
View attachment 106613 View attachment 106614
As the name says, this colour red comes close to rust and is a long way from the bright red of the Spanish berets in red that are typically worn during fiestas (see below).

Thanks Daan.

Humanfactor
I have the BA Berets in both colours, love them both. Out of the two the Aotearoa Bordeaux my go-to beret.

Humanfactor

Familiar Face
View attachment 106613 View attachment 106614

Thanks again Daan ! The photos are most helpful.

Daan

Vendor
If there ever was a contest for the most stunningly beautiful beret, the Auloronesa in 'curcuma' would score very, very high!
upload_2018-2-16_12-54-8.png
upload_2018-2-16_12-54-15.png

For many years, I have tried to get a beret in this colour (think of the Le Béret Français and Czech Classic in 'mustard'), but these are no competition for this Auloronesa. It's a natural dye that is very hard to get right, but Boneteria Auloronesa did the job. I have a very small number in 9.5 and 10p only, but hope to persuade the manufacturer to make another batch in 10.5, 11 and 12p-Alpin (no guarantee this will come to fruition).
upload_2018-2-16_13-8-59.png

In the shipment, I received the often requested and now custom made 9.5p universels in navy; 5 only, for those boineros with a taste for small diameter berets.
More news about Boneteria Auloronesa, Laulhère, Bonigor and Arandú can be found in the newsletter that went out today.

Daan

Vendor
Part of the BA process... using their solar dryer. :)
View attachment 107160
All au naturelle at Boneteria Auloronesa and it shows the small scale of how these berets are manufactured. Whenever possible, drying happens outside in the sunny winter air. The Pyrenees Mountains not far away.
upload_2018-2-19_10-53-40.png
upload_2018-2-19_10-53-56.png

Nice to see The Beret Project mentioned in this month's GQ Magazine. I like DJ/fashion guru/artist/writer Christos Tolera's (pictured below) comment: "They're not sexy. Which is sexy, right?"
upload_2018-2-19_11-0-22.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21