Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
Samples. Results.

Hi ladies,

Received a bunch of Besame samples the other day and finally got around to trying them. At first I was a little sad the samples were *so* small, but boy-howdy!... A little goes a long way! Especially with the foundation, which is so hard-core with thick consistency that I'm going to try cutting it with my daily moisturizer today for a lighter, daytime look, and wear it in its natural state for evening. It's really lovely stuff. It is easy to work with and super top-quality. At the end of an 8 hour work day the foundation was in *great* shape still.

I can't really tell if I like the powder or not. Sadly, the samples of the powder really are too small to do anything other than get an idea of the color to match, which is fine.

I bought the black eye shadow to use as eyeliner (using a slanted brush) and again, it's really nice. It actually reminds me a good deal of Nars eyeshadow as far as pigment and consistency. A little goes a *long* way again.

I got the Besame Red lipstick too, which while the website promises is a blue-red, is more of a true red with a bit of orange, which I can only make work on my pale (blue-pink undertones) skin with a dark plum liner that's been well feathered. The consistency is nice, but I don't love it so much that I need it. For lasting & quality, good ol' MAC still does the trick.

At any rate, I do recommend trying the products to those who are curious, and will probably end up with a few for my purse, and definitely the foundation for everyday.

Best to you all!

Emmababy

One of the Regulars
I have quite a few samples and have fallen in love with the lipsticks, powders and foundation, however does anyone recommend the lip pencils? I have mac lip pencils in 'cherry' and the mac cremestick liner in 'red enriched'.

I guess i'm asking, is it worth getting the besame?

GOK

One Too Many
Emmababy said:
I have quite a few samples and have fallen in love with the lipsticks, powders and foundation, however does anyone recommend the lip pencils? I have mac lip pencils in 'cherry' and the mac cremestick liner in 'red enriched'.

I guess i'm asking, is it worth getting the besame?

Hi Emma and welcome to the lounge! I have the B?©same lip pencil and although the red end looks great (I've not used the cerise) and stays on pretty well, I found the pencil itself not very durable. I'm not at all heavy handed but found the pencil broke really easily. I would never buy another one. I now use B Never's Mistress' Lipstain as a liner and base as it is not only better value and stays put no matter what, I know exactly what has gone into it. The only downside is that I can't exactly carry the container around in my bag....but then I only need apply it once, so I have no cause to really. [huh]

Faye Valentine

beaucaillou said:
I got the Besame Red lipstick too, which while the website promises is a blue-red, is more of a true red with a bit of orange, which I can only make work on my pale (blue-pink undertones) skin with a dark plum liner that's been well feathered.

That's so odd because I have Besame Red thinking it was a true red like it said in the site but when I bought it (without sampling it first) it was too blue for me! so mine doesn't get any use either but for the opposite reason. i stick with red hot red for now. I ordered samples of carmine, red velvet, and cherry red to try out before I buy. and I wish i heard about the lack of durability of the lip pencil before i ordered it toO! haha. it's ok i suppose.

JazzBaby

Practically Family
beaucaillou said:
I can't really tell if I like the powder or not. Sadly, the samples of the powder really are too small to do anything other than get an idea of the color to match, which is fine.

It's pretty similar to a regular loose powder but it smells delicious!!! If, like me, you like to have everything matching on your dressing table then you should buy it just for the cute container and powder puff. When mine was gone (and it doesn't last as long as most other Besame products) I just refilled it with cheaper powder.

I agree with you about the foundation - love it!

Faye Valentine

I rarely use my compact powder. The gold metal case just sits on top of my vanity table never getting any use...(I feel kinda sorry for it, now that I think about it. lol) I usually just stick with the foundation. I feel like I get more coverage from the foundation.

Have you gals tried the concealer that comes with the besame vanity case? I bought it when I went to their annual sale in Glendale. The concealer works wonderfully! it's a weird yellowish color that gets rid of the circles under my eyes. And the eye shadows that come with it (it's the first time I tried their eyeshadow) is great! it's true what a lot of you have been saying! You barely even tap your brush on it and it's already a good amount!

Oh, and the lip masterliner, in my opinion works great and looks beautiful. I think I'll purchase the eye liner next.

Have any of you tried the moisturizer? I think they accidentally slipped a sample of that in my order last week (cuz I didn't order it). I'd like to know if it's any good. The sample is really to small to know....

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wanted to revitalize this thread because this weekend I had a great Besame experience.
First off, I've been using their shadows and face powder for a little over a year. I have a couple of their lipsticks, but for some reason I don't wear them that often, for I have other colors that I thought looked better on me.
Well, I recently had to order more shadow and face powder. I have the vanity case, and it was running out. I was a bit miffed that I couldn't just buy refills for the vanity case. So rather than buying another vanity case I bought individual shadows and the powder compact, which all have refill packs you can buy for them. I love the powder compact, it is lovely. I've always been very happy with the quality of these products. What I've noticed about their shadow is that it has a lot of "stay power". I left the house at 9:30 yesterday morning and didn't get home until 11pm, and my shadow still looked pretty good. Sure it needed a bit of touching up, but I had it on all day!!
I also bought their eyeliner, and I love it. First of all it is a retractable liner. A lot of the liners I have had in the past that are the twist up type don't have the ability to twist back down. The Besame does, I like that. I wore their lipstick all day, and it too has a lot of staying power. It goes on so well and lasts a really long time. Usually when I'm out for a day I pull out my compact to check my lipstick about every hour. I didn't have to do this with the Besame. I only had to do a few light touch ups during the day, but never had to do a complete reapplication, even after eating or drinking.

The concealer was mentioned in an earlier post, and I love that too. It does have a funny yellowish color, but it works great under the eyes. I also got the souflee foundation, it is smooth, goes on great, and wears really well.

I've been using their rose moisturizer and I love it. It smells so fresh and pretty without being overpowering and works really well.

Well, I just wanted to tell you ladies that I'm very happy with Besame and that it really does last a long time. Oh, and if you order samples from them, they will send you a coupon for 5$ off your next purchase. They also ship fast. Overall, after years of using a different brand, I've been using Besame for over a year now and don't think I'll need to buy another brand ever again.:)

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I will add to this thread as well, as I recently purchased Besame’s brow pencil Though it took a bit of practice to master application (as the retractable pencil is softer and less waxy then a traditional brow pencil), I find it to be an excellent product. It applies quite easily and lasts all day, and the color is an excellent match for blondes and redheads (taupe was a popular brow color in the 1940s.) My only complaint is that you receive two colors--a taupe and a gray--and I will not get much use out of the gray side.

Shearer

Practically Family
Besame is the greatest! It's a little pricey, but I use the souffle foundation everyday and it covers so well that it lasts forever.

Daisy's totally spot on with the lipsticks. They last forever, but they also don't give you that cakey gunky stuff on your lips if you wear it a long time.

Cakey gunky... that would be my technical term :D

Last time I ordered something from Besame they gave me a free pair of earrings, too!

Miss Retro

Familiar Face
New Besame Mascara

Besame will be releasing a new mascara on 23rd March, available in Black and Plum... Some additional info about the formulation -

Sculpture Lash Mascara adds extraordinary length and intense volume to
even the shortest of lashes using just one coat. Our mascara is destined to
be the only mascara you will ever use.

Additional benefits include:

-A conditioning film to optimize and hold curl of lashes leaving them soft, not stiff
-Silicone polymers to lengthen and thicken lashes without clumping or smudging
-Pro-vitamin B5 and Keratin to moisturize lashes
-Rosea Root Extract with anti-aging compounds to strengthen lashes and hair shaft
-A fixing film for a water-resistant coating
-Paraben and Fragrance free, gentle enough for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.

Daisy Buchanan

I am now using all of their make-up. I'm really happy with their lip and eye liners. They go on well and last a long time.
I'm so glad to see they are now making mascara. I'm a little miffed that it wasn't introduced about 10 days ago when I placed my latest order. If I had known it was coming out I would have waited to place my order. Oh well, I'll just have to place another one:)

kerry

One of the Regulars
Would anyone like a tester of Yellow cameo foundation. Ive tried it out (using a cottonbud) and its too dark for me. I would be happy to pop it into an envelope for someone else to try.
Kerry

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I just ordered samples of Red Hot Red lipstick and Pistachio Green eyeshadow.

Been looking for a good green eyeshadow for a loooong time. I hope this doesn't disappoint.

Daisy Buchanan

Amy Jeanne said:
I just ordered samples of Red Hot Red lipstick and Pistachio Green eyeshadow.

Been looking for a good green eyeshadow for a loooong time. I hope this doesn't disappoint.

I LOVE red hot red, it's one of my favorite lipsticks colors. I also love Besame lipsticks because the shape makes for great application and it is really long lasting. I hope you like it and the green eye shadow too:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy