Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Repro D1? Aero or Eastman?

Stand By

One Too Many
Ohhh, so they do! A real tasty bargain for someone ....!

Alas, I've just secured an older ELC RW B-6 from the 'Bay ...

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Guys,

Have had to shelve D1 for the time being (going with the ELC version as I can get down there to try it on). Had the money, was going to go down to ELC in August...today the car blew it's head gasket, one of many recent automotive money gobblers (bikes been consuming it's fair share too). The piggy bank is empty for the time being:eusa_doh:. Looking at early Fall hopefully :)

car broken.jpeg

Otter

One Too Many
Sorry to hear that, Mrs Otter did that to her MG F a few years ago, it took out the entire engine! Hope yours isn't bad. I bought an older D-1 Aero a month or two back, probably has the nicest patina I have seen, must be quite an old one, size 46 but probably nearer 44. A little bit of wear on the cuffs but otherwise OK, nice jacket.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Otter,

Fingers crossed that it doesn't require much more than a new gasket set (early SAAB 900). Have heard the mid-engined MGF's are a swine for blowing head gaskets (local mechanic hates them). Any chance of some pics of your Aero D1? How thick is the shearling? The ELC C3 vest I aquired recently is I believe the same shearling as used in their D1..the C3 is developing a nice patina & is very light weight...the D1 should be a good three seasons jacket (my Irvin only comes out in the worst part of winter..saw lots of action last Fall). Can always bump up the D1 with the C3 underneath.

Otter

One Too Many
Light, but not thin, very nice fleece. Yup, the mg was a bag of bones, would cut out totally between gear changes leaving you dead stick. They never managed to fix it, the car went just after two years, shame as it was the vvc model. Had a one off interior by conolly, came up and was finnished up here as they were switching leathe suppliers and we had ordered the full leather interior.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Well, I've wanted a B6 or D1 "Redskin" forever. However I'm still 2 sizes away from Aero's largest size. U.S. Authentic makes em in my size but no "Redskin". Alexander Leathers makes one in my size and with the hide I want BUT I'm still a little leery about sending that much dosh overseas to a relatively new company. I know, I know, they're ex-Aero employees... I've read and lived through the whole sordid mess (at least what's not in the hands of the Authorities) and I still have my reservations.

Worf

Stand By

One Too Many
Thanks Guys,

Have had to shelve D1 for the time being. Had the money, was going to go down to ELC in August...today the car blew it's head gasket, one of many recent automotive money gobblers (bikes been consuming it's fair share too). The piggy bank is empty for the time being:eusa_doh:. Looking at early Fall hopefully :)

Man... Don't you just hate it when that happens?! You have my sympathies, Sir.
It's like a universal constant. Money's hard to save these days - but nonetheless, by being frugal, I finally do get there and I can allow myself to get excited as, finally, all the obligations are met and the object of my desire is within grasp.
Then ...

For me it's usually a vet bill (ker-ching!) - or a tax bill (I pay tax to not two but THREE layers of inept government that neither get along with) or an annually adjusted bill that's back-dated so bigger than normal.
And off the savings go .... :(

May you have better luck for Autumn ...

Edward

Bartender
It's far from the only one... lots of folks spam Aero (or even "not Aero"!) in their auction titles to sell any old lesther jacket, though this is the only one I have seen doing it with new jackets. It's a violation of TM law, too. This sort of thing happens a lot on eBay. Some companies are more vigilant than others at shutting it down.

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'm curious about what appears to be an Aero teddy bear at the top of the screen grab, Butte! :D Also, what in Hades are "Aero adventures"?

It's far from the only one... lots of folks spam Aero (or even "not Aero"!) in their auction titles to sell any old lesther jacket, though this is the only one I have seen doing it with new jackets. It's a violation of TM law, too. This sort of thing happens a lot on eBay. Some companies are more vigilant than others at shutting it down.
I have used keywords or tags for sales - I'm not upset with that so much (although it makes searches sometimes impossible). But this one is over the top...to me.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I have used keywords or tags for sales - I'm not upset with that so much (although it makes searches sometimes impossible). But this one is over the top...to me.

I find it strange that he uses Aero's name and reputation to attract customers then trashes Aero in his text saying how they're not what they once was. That's like me saying "I played bass in James Brown's band then adding but his band ain't all that since I left".

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR