Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Repro D1? Aero or Eastman?

Edward

Bartender
It does come over with an air of drama / bitterness. That sort of thing puts me off, though I suppose it might appeal to some who want to feel they have discovered something "new" or better for less... There is, of course, a fine line between legitimate "here's my experience" to get started, and something which feels exploitative. Reminds me of when Gibson left Kalamazoo for Nashville, and some of the workforce bought out the old factory and mahines, and started making their own guitars as "The Heritage". They certainly carried a lot of business goodwill over from the days when Gibson ran the factory, though I don't recall them ever using the Gibson TM in their advertising. Same with G&L, who couldn't (except by special permission for a posthumous tribute guitar) use Leo Fender's name on their instruments.... despite having Leo Fender himself at the helm! Funny old world...

I expect this will get me more Scott + animal posts from the anonymous UK coward(s). I'd wager there's not two good feet between these jokers.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I'm just saying you gain nothing building yourself "up" while putting other's down. It gets you nothing in the long run. But hey, I'm funny like that.

Worf

Interesting how a company that "isn't what it used to be" has competitors using their designs and/or usurping their name to sell their jackets.
The best way to build a good reputation is to put out a good product and leave the marketing to word of mouth.
The world of leather jacket aficionados is a relatively small one what with forums like this. Word gets around...both good and bad.

Last edited:

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Stand By,

Just about coming to terms with it, new head gasket instead of new D1. Pass the tissues.

tissues.jpeg

:eusa_doh:

Stand By

One Too Many
Thanks Stand By,

Just about coming to terms with it, new head gasket instead of new D1. Pass the tissues.

View attachment 3127

:eusa_doh:

I know .... I know .....

Thank God I'm committed to the B-6 I just bought and that's just arrived at ELC for alteration. A bill dropped through the door on Monday and I know that, if it had happened any earlier in the year, I'd most likely have been sensible and decided against the B-6 and used the money on the bill - but the bill will soon be forgotten though - and the jacket will be mine :) So worth going out on a limb for this one time.
But one must be practical ... as underwhelming as that is. Again, my sympathies.

bn1966

Thank you again Stand By,

I hope the B6 is everything you want (should be). I've never been disappointed with ELC. For a head gasket there's Visa Debit...for everything else...there's MasterCard (including a D1 :) )

bn1966

:eusa_doh: Forgot I'm getting married in a few weeks...that'll cost a packet.

Stand By

One Too Many
My congratulations, Sir !!! I hope it all goes well on the day (and you're not wearing your A2!)

And yes well, of course. Priorities !
A wife trumps a D-1 ... this time. ;-)

bn1966

Thank You Sir,

She who must be obeyed is supportive of my passions & has stated their will be D1 money post honeymoon.

:cool:

bn1966

I may well wear the A2 over my wedding civvies. Jacket is currently with leather seamstress for a pocket repair, clean & feed. I had the money for a hand made suit for the big day (mohair)..purchased a 40's silk tie & M&S waist coat and pants combo instead...spent the rest on my C3 & nylon (jackets)..future wife is very understanding. :)

Alistar79

Familiar Face
they have 2 on the sales page, size 40 and 42 for 275 pounds.

I took delivery of the size 40 today, bought it to keep my dear mother warm this winter. Its ok fellas i don't need you to tell me how lucky she is having a son like me :):)
Anyway am glad i didn't get if for myself as the fleece has a very lush feel and look to it that i find quite feminine.
Excellent jacket for the price though.

Stand By

One Too Many
I took delivery of the size 40 today, bought it to keep my dear mother warm this winter. Its ok fellas i don't need you to tell me how lucky she is having a son like me :):)
Anyway am glad i didn't get if for myself as the fleece has a very lush feel and look to it that i find quite feminine.
Excellent jacket for the price though.

It looks like the fluffy fleece that I had on my old Aviation Leathercraft Irvin a long time ago - that packed down beautifully and looked great in time.
Give it time and wear ....
And you're a very good son! :) Bless you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot