Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best warm leather jackets?

I'll admit to (think I did this years back here to clear my conscience) owning an electric vest. I didn't buy it - my wife did. She saw how cold I was - even with good top shelf gear meant for the cold, and I am talking SoCal cold folks (high 30's-low 40's). I scoffed at it but then hooked it up and tried it. Holy hell, it was heaven! I could wear a nice long-sleeved T-shirt and the vest under my leathers and that was it. No Michelin Man, no loss of flexibility, and WARM. It made winter riding the best experience ever. Can't recommend them enough, and it also means no need for a big, bulky, heavy jacket. YMMV.

Last edited:
I wore this for years...

johnny-shearling-coatFL5.jpg

It was four sizes too large and really dirty but I forgot what being cold felt like. Then I discovered this place and have been freezing ever since...

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ Nice on both of your "confessions"

Butte, I have eyed the Milwaukee Branded heated vests at our local farm store often, not even really for riding here, just just for out & about wearing. When it's -10 F and 30 mph winds, you really don't want to go outside for any reason. And it does get colder, thankfully, not often.

Edward

Bartender
Warm, sure, but who in the hell would want a leather puffer?

Not my style, certainly. Though a couple of years ago I saw a Japanese guy in Shoreditch with a jacket that was srot of like aaist length down puff, but cut the same way as a Schott Perfecto. IMprobably as it may sound, it looked quite good. I'd still much rather have a Thunder Bay, though!

Vince in Philly

Familiar Face
+1 on the heated vest. I bought one from my local Harley-Davidson shop and wear it under a jacket on cold winter days. Very thin and has multiple heat settings.

I wanted to like the Schott leather puffer but it's really not a good look. I sent it back to Schott for a refund the day after I received it.

When it gets really cold I give up on leather and go to my Arc'teryx Camosun parka. If you are searching for a down jacket it's not a bad look.

I did buy an Eastman B-6 last spring so I guess I'll see how deep into the winter I can get with that this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy