Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bianchi by Adam Hats

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
You've got a pretty cool alpine/tyrolean hat. Put a crease down the top and wear it with pride (as long as it fits.)

Johnnie

New in Town
After searching alpine/tyrolean hats on google i am quite confused. It looks much more like the bowlers/derbys i was seeing before as opposed to the alpine/tyrolean hats. Am i overlooking something? Is the alpine/tyrolean's creasing and folded down brim what makes it look so different from the bowlers i've seen, or is this a completely different hat?

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
It has the general shape of a bowler, but the color, band, and feather say otherwise, as does what looks like the remnants of a crease in the crown. I'd go with Yeps' assessment.

Johnnie

New in Town
Please excuse my ignorance, but do the band,feather, and color of the hat determine the style of the hat? I do agree that the color and feather look similar to the German "Alpine" style hats, but the hat itself looks much more like a bowler/derby. I really don't want to give the wrong answer when asked what kind of hat it is... If it helps, I don't believe it's had a crease in the crown, or if it has, there is no longer a crease there, but there is a couple of slight dents where people have touched and poked it feeling the softness...

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
After searching alpine/tyrolean hats on google i am quite confused. It looks much more like the bowlers/derbys i was seeing before as opposed to the alpine/tyrolean hats. Am i overlooking something? Is the alpine/tyrolean's creasing and folded down brim what makes it look so different from the bowlers i've seen, or is this a completely different hat?

So, bowler hats are very stiff, almost like helmets (they were apparently used as hardhats at some point), and the edge of the brim is bound and put in a sharp, very distinctive curl. Your hat is soft, and has a soft, but currently upturned brim. The lack of a crease is merely incidental, as it clearly used to have one. Generally the type of hat you have is worn with a center crease and the brim turned down in front and up in back. It is the fedora's more outdoorsy, sporty cousin from Europe.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I was trying to find info here, much more useful than the general Google, but tyroleans are few and far between around here.

Fellow lounger mayserwegener is the local expert and he has some cool ones.
Just to piss some of you off. Here are some long hair Alpen (yes where it all started) hats.

Habig

3296930939_3a2cb8ed6a_b.jpg

Lembert

3351151615_6c7f98c8f9_b.jpg

Borsalino

3351089583_1104c57521_b.jpg

Mayser

2819138716_3343030a6d_b.jpg

Bittner

2818290213_601baedd9b_b.jpg

Rookie1

New in Town
Hello to all. Ive been a member for a while but havent posted much but decided to share this with you and would like your opinion on it.
My oldest daughters boyfriends family gave me this hat. I like it but am not sure where Id wear it.
9-23-12006_zps7da3c8f6.jpg

9-23-12005_zps2bba3efc.jpg

9-23-12004_zpsea66b292.jpg

9-23-12008_zps69d0feac.jpg

scooter

Practically Family
Where it whenever you like! I would take feather off, but I'd wear it anywhere I'd wear any other hat.

Kielbasa

New in Town
Hello everyone. I just joined. I have been looking all over the internet to find out who... Bianchi is and where... they are made. I can not find anything. So... I figured I would come to the horses mouth and ask. Who is Bianchi and where are they made?
upload_2020-12-3_16-5-11.png
Can someone narrow down the style of this hat? Thank you.

Hello everyone. I just joined. I have been looking all over the internet to find out who... Bianchi is and where... they are made. I can not find anything. So... I figured I would come to the horses mouth and ask. Who is Bianchi and where are they made? View attachment 285957 Can someone narrow down the style of this hat? Thank you.

Welcome!

If you use Google to search The Fedora Lounge, rather than using the built in search tool, you’ll find a few short threads on Bianchi hats. Not a lot of information here on them. I did see at least one made in Italy.

The style of your hat is a stingy brim fedora. In fact, the hat in your photo looks to be one of the family of the stingiest (shortest) brimmed fedoras. It’s not a style that we see a lot of, although they are plentiful and generally inexpensive on the used market. That barely there brim had its 15 minutes and has seen a small resurgence with hipsters and others, but it’s appeal is much more limited compared to its wider brimmed brethren. I’ll wear an occasional stingy brim, but 2 1/4” or maybe a 2” is about as short as I’ll go.

We have a staying around here about you wearing the hat and not letting the hat wear you: all that matters is if you like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner