Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso A2 Arco 18775 after 6 months (perfect!)

Edward

Bartender
I'm a fan of the B-2 as well but it is apparently the most labour-intensive and difficult - not just sheepskin/shearling - but flight jacket to make. The construction is apparently not easy and requires a very skilled leather worker.

Shame more repros are not available.

I can see it being a beast to work on, but you'd think Aero already have a fair head start on that front given they've got the Thunder Bay. If I remember rightly, somebody asked Ken about it some time back but he reckoned there wasn't a market for it. A company like Aero who work to order don't have to have loads of sotck in on any one item, but I'm sure they still have to sell a certain minimum number of units before they recoup costs of desgin / pattern development / prototyping / et cetera.

Lost worlds do make nice jacket,but deal with Stuart is not that easy:D, I guess that is what you mean. Also, TBH, Lost worlds' repro isnt that accurate any way.

The only LW jacket I've ever handled in person is my LW B3. Beautiful thing, very pleased with it. I bought second hand, though, and yeah... Stuart sounds like he can be difficult to work with. TBH, I found the website offputting as it came across as somebody who treats large swathes of their own target market with utter contempt - but hey ho, we're retreading old ground here. John Lever had one of the LW B2s at a time, so he'd know re their accuracy. I've got no doubt they'd be virtually bomb proof - on that front my B3 certainly lives up to everything for which they have a reputation!

zhz

Practically Family
The only LW jacket I've ever handled in person is my LW B3. Beautiful thing, very pleased with it. I bought second hand, though, and yeah... Stuart sounds like he can be difficult to work with. TBH, I found the website offputting as it came across as somebody who treats large swathes of their own target market with utter contempt - but hey ho, we're retreading old ground here. John Lever had one of the LW B2s at a time, so he'd know re their accuracy. I've got no doubt they'd be virtually bomb proof - on that front my B3 certainly lives up to everything for which they have a reputation!

When I did my research about the A2 jacket, I learned that LW's is not accurate. But, when I saw the sale on their website, my BK and Aero dilemma solved. I ordered one A2 from them. I mean, £255 for a LW A2 jacket? why not. I will let you know how it is when I receive it.

MightyEighth

Familiar Face
When I did my research about the A2 jacket, I learned that LW's is not accurate. But, when I saw the sale on their website, my BK and Aero dilemma solved. I ordered one A2 from them. I mean, £255 for a LW A2 jacket? why not. I will let you know how it is when I receive it.

Sale page?

MightyEighth

Familiar Face
Thanks for the link, couldn't see it on their site for looking!

The Pea coats and Tankers look very nice, and I can get away with the small sizes too, very tempted (uh oh, more money going out).

Anybody own one of their Pea's or Tankers? How's the fit relevant to the tag size, as they won't give actual measurements of sale items...?

The Downtown car coat nearly made me vomit though.... :eeek: looks like an optical illusion on the backdrop they have behind it...

Last edited:

zhz

Practically Family
Thanks for the link, couldn't see it on their site for looking!

The Pea coats and Tankers look very nice, and I can get away with the small sizes too, very tempted (uh oh, more money going out).

Anybody own one of their Pea's or Tankers? How's the fit relevant to the tag size, as they won't give actual measurements of sale items...?

The Downtown car coat nearly made me vomit though.... :eeek: looks like an optical illusion on the backdrop they have behind it...

Their website is a disaster... for measurements, just email them and ask for sizing, they will give you a measurements, may not accurate, but still helpful.

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
Just a heads up before you go asking about shoulder measurements. They claim no such thing exists amoungst professional tailors and we know how touchy feely Stuart can be.

zhz

Practically Family
Just a heads up before you go asking about shoulder measurements. They claim no such thing exists amoungst professional tailors and we know how touchy feely Stuart can be.

I did ask him about the shoulder width before I found that claim on their website, and...he replied me with chest width and jacket length....nothing else happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda