Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black lids with non-matching ribbon or edge?

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Lancealot, While I appreciate any and all compliments, that "Sweet setup" is Art's.

Art, "I can adjust my thoughts?" What a burden! I'll try. lol

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
JT, I don't consider myself the final word on hat taste and have found that ribbon combinations that I thought would never work actually DO, so I can't be absolute on anything. I'm more curious why my statement seems to bug you. Aren't we all different? Isn't that the way it should be?

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
Art Fawcett said:
JT, I don't consider myself the final word on hat taste and have found that ribbon combinations that I thought would never work actually DO, so I can't be absolute on anything. I'm more curious why my statement seems to bug you. Aren't we all different? Isn't that the way it should be?

Art,

I have a genuine curiosity if you have take any classes or have studied aspects of color theory? And if you have, does it play a role in your designs and color choices? If not that’s fine but I just wanted to get your take.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I'm afraid I'm not that refined Vermifuge, no I haven't taken classes in color. I HAVE used it all my life in my previous career and have studied it through practical circumstances. ( I found that I can direct foot traffic through color use). I choose ribbon combinations much like I choose a necktie. I throw the suit on the bed and put multiple ties on it until the right one pops up. You can literally do the same with ribbons. Don't know why, but it works for me.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Art, I'm sorry I gave the impression I was bugged. Not at all! I was simply jesting that for me to change my thoughts would be a burden. It is however, one that i have to shoulder more often, these days. Thanks for all your posts. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I should admit that I have never seen a hat with a strongly contrasting brim binding in person before... only in pictures. Art, your feelings about it make me think it's something I should do before considering it a real option at any point. So, if you're ever feeling overly sensitive, just remember that your opinion counts with at least two of us! :D (plus, I trust your good taste over mine anyday! lol )
NB

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
NB, as you know I'm from the (anything goes) San Francisco area ( until the last two years) and there is a store out in the Mission district that carries zoot suit repros, wild colored shirts/shoes/ties/ etc ( don't remember their real name but they are "thezootsuitstore" online with alot of cheap ( I can feel them pouncing already) Stacy Adams hats, Bailey's, etc . Now, there is a place & time for that fun stuff ie: theme party, halloween, etc. but that's my point, it isn't for real life. I don't consider hats "costume" but rather an enhancing ( or detracting) accessory to our wardrobes and can't visually see anyone wearing a zoot with a two toned hat into the stock exchange for their trading day. I CAN see wearing it to a theme party or on stage in a production, so that's where I place them mentally. I do have to confess to buying some shirts there ( the colors were great) but then, in the Vintage biz, I was considered on the anal/eccentric side of things and that's the arena I kept them in.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Not-Bogart13 said:
I should admit that I have never seen a hat with a strongly contrasting brim binding in person before... only in pictures. Art, your feelings about it make me think it's something I should do before considering it a real option at any point. So, if you're ever feeling overly sensitive, just remember that your opinion counts with at least two of us! :D (plus, I trust your good taste over mine anyday! lol )
NB

the orange you were talking about would fit right in at a Flyer's game;)

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
Art Fawcett said:
the Mission district that carries zoot suit repros, wild colored shirts/shoes/ties/ etc ( don't remember their real name but they are "thezootsuitstore" online with

Siegel's (points at avatar) that's how i got my Halloween costume. well most of it any way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo