Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Board Racer in 42 or 44 ?

ai00344

One of the Regulars
I would go with the 44 unless you plan to wear it unzipped most of the time? 42 looks too fitted to me when zipped to the top like that

I really can't see any benefits of a 44. It doesn't look significantly bigger in general, just like there's too much material at random places all around.
The 42 is great - body of the jacket is trim and it looks like you still have enough space in the arms and shoulders to move freely. Also, the waist on the 42 doesn't flare whereas on the 44 it does which is another indication that 44 is too big (that's exactly why the zipper doesn't go all the way down to the bottom hem of the jacket, so that the jacket would allow for the waist to shape it and if it's flaring like that by itself, the point is lost).

It's a trim fitting style and I think the 42 looks best on you.

CBI

One Too Many
A great thread illustrating the differing preferences in fit. Best of luck!

My 2 cents, if one can clearly see one's body shape, body lines, a/the jacket is too small. It just makes the proportions all "off" if one chooses to wear clothing...........

I know some moto jackets are designed to be skin tight....too be avoided.....again simply IMHO

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I said the 44 because when I was in that situation, I went for the small size and it was a n absolute drag to wear. After wearing the hell out of it for 18 months and praying it would stretch where it needed to (it never did) it got sold and replaced with the next size up which is a dream to wear.

Beware the too tight cafe racer, look great in photos but are hard to live with....much like an ex of mine lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mich486

One Too Many
42 looks clearly better in the pics you posted. I don’t think you look restricted in it.

Gamma68

One Too Many
Some manufacturers of cafe racer jackets also call them "racing shirts." That implies a close fit, like wearing a shirt.

If you feel the need to layer under the size 44 for a good fit, I would say the 44 is too big. But as others have already said, fit is very subjective (unless the proportions are obviously way off in appearance).

My advice would be to choose the jacket that provides a more "shirt-like" fit that doesn't require layering. Of course, consider comfort. If it's tight to the point where you're conscious of it all the time, then it's too small.

Please let us know your decision and how the jacket works out!

Butch_Coolidge

Familiar Face
[emoji50] This is a leather jacket, not a wedding dress. I personally wouldn’t buy anything I couldn’t wear a hoodie under. It’s leather, casual, care free.

Butch_Coolidge

Familiar Face
Can’t believe I’m even getting into this conversation, but the 42 is too tight. It has a big pucker in the back. The 44 doesn’t, and lays flatter in the back and sits better on the waist. Now to redeem my manhood, I’m going to drink Tequila out of a dirty glass......that’s better.

Mich486

One Too Many
Btw the 42 is a one piece back whereas the 44 a two piece with kidney panel and it seems to flare a little. Is this a feature of the design?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner