Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boiler blowup at Buckaroo

RBH

Bartender
I just spoke with Mike and was informed by him that his steamer boiler blew up this morning.
The hot water blew out on him while he was trying to shut the operation down.
While he was scalded on the right side of his face he is OK.
He had plenty of water in the shop to get cleaned up and he is hoping to get the boiler replumbed and back in working order this week.

Thanks Mike for letting me know and I am glad you were not hurt any worse than you were.

Last edited:

scooter

Practically Family
Dang, Mike,I hate this misfortunr befell you. Glad you weren't too seriously injured. Heal fast.

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Mike, wow, I hope you will recover quickly and completely. You were so nice and patient with me when I was getting my hat, hope there is something I can do to help you in some way.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
WOW, wishing you all the best on your recovery and you have given so much of yourself to others in the past, please feel free to ask if there is anything any of us can do to assist you and your shops recovery.

In the words of Teddy Roosevelt, delivered June 2, 1897 ...

"Every man among us is more fit to meet the duties and responsibilities of citizenship" and custom hatmaking "because of the perils over which, in the past, the nation" and the particular hat shop "has triumphed; because of the blood and sweat and tears, the labor and the anguish, through which, in the days that have gone, our forefathers" and predecessors in the hatting trade "moved on to triumph" and something akin to profitability.

To anyone thinking that a custom hattery would be a painless way to make lots of money in a hurry, I can only recommend he look into a 7-Eleven franchise. The expenditure of time and money and blood (real blood, not the metaphorical kind) to get such an operation up to speed is significant indeed.

Here's to your quick recovery, Major. You're an inspiration.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Oof, glad to hear the Major escaped a more serious injury. Still, I'm sure it's no fun being scalded in that manner. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy