• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Books about the Looks

Discussion in 'Beauty' started by Lady Day, May 6, 2007.

1. Tomasso

Tomasso Incurably Addicted

2. tammylynn70

tammylynn70 New in Town

FL
    Sorry again, still trying to navigate this posting stuff...we'll see if this does better...
    I changed all the privacy settings to public, but just in case, I'll post a couple at a time:
    [​IMG]Great yellow shoes from the 30's
    [​IMG]
    oxford by tammy_lynn1970, on Flickr
    sorry for the graininess on this one, my scanner didn't do such a hot job with this pic

3. tammylynn70

tammylynn70 New in Town

FL
    [​IMG]Disco madness? No! Platforms from the 30's made for Judy Garland
    [​IMG]lovely pink shoes from a Paris bottier

4. tammylynn70

tammylynn70 New in Town

FL
  5. tammylynn70

tammylynn70 New in Town

FL
    Carmen Miranda - apparently she was five foot nothing and really needed all those platforms!
    [​IMG]

6. tammylynn70

tammylynn70 New in Town

FL
    [​IMG]Marilyn LOVED Ferragamo heels.
    [​IMG]Charles Jourdan. Wonder if models had to be double jointed too, this pose looks super uncomfortable.

7. tammylynn70

tammylynn70 New in Town

FL
    [​IMG]
    New Look heels

8. tammylynn70

tammylynn70 New in Town

FL
    I'm throwing in 1970's Vivienne Westwood in here just for grins, you have to love her cheekiness!
    [​IMG]

9. I have always loved that Carmen Miranda picture.

10. Annichen

Annichen Familiar Face

I am selling my 1940s Hairstyles book by Daniela Turudich for $70 in the classifieds.
    My hair is just too long..down to my knees :/

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  11. ferula98

ferula98 New in Town

There is a small write up and extract photos from 'Grand Illusions by Richard Lawton' here
    www.flairinaladysboudoir.blogspot.com
    It really is a fantastic book, such wonderful inspiration from the early 1920s right through to the 1940s.

12. Retro Makeup by Lauren Rennels

[​IMG]

I just received my new book this week and had a little more time to go through it this weekend and I would recommend this as highly as I would recommend her first book Vintage Hairstyling. For a little more info I posted a quick reveiw on my blog about it as well. http://livingvintage.blogspot.com/

13. ginney15

ginney15 New in Town

I am so excited! I pre-ordered mine through Amazon but I have not received it yet. :-( But I am tingling with anticipation!!

14. ginney15

ginney15 New in Town

I ordered mine today! I was so happy to get a glimpse from the blog post. Thanks for posting everyone!

15. angeljenny

angeljenny A-List Customer

I ordered mine yesterday and it is being posted out today!!

Couldn't find it on the UK Amazon so I ordered it from the same site I got her vintage hair one from.

http://www.jeepworld.co.uk/ecom/Ret...lying_the_Vintage_Look_by_Lauren_Rennells.asp

16. Isis

Isis One of the Regulars

17. angeljenny

angeljenny A-List Customer

18. Isis

Isis One of the Regulars

Thank you!

19. I also oredered it, and they said it would be in Holland hopefully the first week of may!! I exited enough

20. I got the book I think it is lovely, the styles are maybe not really spectacular, I think I learn more on youtube from the tutorials, but I love the history of make up
    and it is such a great lookbook with all lovely pictures, I love it and it is great worth buying