Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borsalino with the bow on the right side

Michael D

Familiar Face
I've got a Borsalino that has the bow on the right side. I bought it new and haven't had the ribbon replaced. This seems pretty unusual to me.

Anyone else out there have a hat with the bow on the right side?

Mike

Michael D

Familiar Face
It doesn't look like a woman's hat. :)

Look at this camel-colored Borsalino on the Capelleria Melegari website. The bow flairs towards the front or maybe the bow is on the right side and they snapped the front up and the back down for the picture so it would look like the bow was on the left side like all the other hats on the page. Hmm??

http://www.cappelleriamelegari.com/cappelli/classico_uomo.asp#

Click on the photo and you'll see a larger picture of the hat.

Maybe this model of Borsalino has the bow on the right side to make it distinct. Maybe it's this way for the Italian marketplace. My hat is also a QS like the one on the website and was purchased in Italy.

Mike

Hmmm... Maybe that is just the style. I have seen hats with a bow flaring toward the front and back but not only toward the front.
Since you have one just like it, it seems that it was intentional. I suppose you could wear it on the right side or bash it and snap it so it would be on the left side. I would probably leave it alone. Nine times out of ten no one will notice. You could use it as a test for the hat ignorant. :p

Regards to all,

J

Michael D

Familiar Face
It never has bothered me that the bow was on the right side. In fact, for all the hat wearing I've done over the last 20+ years you'd think that I'd had noticed this anomaly right away but I didn't until about 10 months ago.

So I've just accepted it as the style. I was curious if anyone else had run across a hat like it.

I guess it's not very common.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy