Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bought a Lost Worlds A2, is this wrinkling normal?

Yes, I know there are bad experiences with Lost Worlds, and its proprietor. I have no horse in that race.

Is it your contention that Lost Worlds does not use horsehide? Ever? Or just that the weight is mis-stated? Or only for particular runs of jackets? Or just for this particular jacket?

saucerfiend

Practically Family
Yes, I know there are bad experiences with Lost Worlds, and its proprietor. I have no horse in that race.

Is it your contention that Lost Worlds does not use horsehide? Ever? Or just that the weight is mis-stated? Or only for particular runs of jackets? Or just for this particular jacket?

I'm sure Stuart uses HH. Certainly, no problem there. My contention is this... givin the weight and incredible stiffness of the hides he uses, That jacket, IMO, is going to feel and wear very akwardly. With that kind if hide, I wouldn't want to break it in... or attempt to. That type of graining situation is certainly desired. But, in the proper weight and finish. Lost Worlds products are generally beautiful, but, given my reason for not wanting it as stated, shipped location seems odd. That's all I mean. I didn't mean to lower Lost Worlds reputation. God knows, it's proprietor handles that just fine.

Brian

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I don't know anything about anything so I probably should just keep my mouth shut at not attract a lot of hatred. But if I were so foolish as to offer an opinion, I'd say it was the LW sale page for cryin' out loud, where they practically rub your nose in "no returns." Caveat emptor, or as my father used to say, "Next case, step down, new witness."

apba1166

A-List Customer
I have both an Aero Teamster with that and an LW vest. In actual daily wear, which has been plenty, there's been no adverse effect to those areas. And it more and more blends with the rest of the jacket/vest.

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
Pictures of a fantastic Lost Worlds A1 I used to own. It was horse hide and the front panels had a slight different grain to them. It wasn't anywhere near as noticeable but I liked the slight mismatching as it did give it that military authentic feel.

002.jpg

003.jpg

Todd V

Familiar Face
I'm absolutley no expert on the subject but I am a satisfied Lost Worlds customer. My ryder has a patch like that on the back of one sleeve, though maybe not as pronounced as your A-2. Perhaps post photos of the entire jacket so we can see the wrinkly patch in context?

Whether the jacket you received was intended to be, or is more valuable as, the "real deal," I don't know. But, I do love those "real deal" jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy