Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brimaco leather quality

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
They made thousands of Brimaco cafe racers over decades. The only ones I've seen were made of a pretty soft and unconvincing cowhide. Were the Brimaco's famous for their poor hide as I have read elsewhere and, if so, why? What was the thickness of these old jackets? The one I recently saw felt to be around 2.5oz. Anyone know anything more about the Brimaco leather used? As it happens the Brimaco cafe racer is one of my favorite patterns.

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Regarding the thickness, they were all quite thin. However, I've handled probably almost 1000 in the past 15 years and you occasionally come across a 3.0 oz cowhide one and it's hella nice!!! With that said, it's a tougher sale, as that thickness of leather isn't what people who want Brimaco / British Cycle Leathers jackets.

oratino

New in Town
Hello

Regarding the thickness, they were all quite thin. However, I've handled probably almost 1000 in the past 15 years and you occasionally come across a 3.0 oz cowhide one and it's hella nice!!! With that said, it's a tougher sale, as that thickness of leather isn't what people who want Brimaco / British Cycle Leathers jackets.

Hi Mojo1975 can you please email me at guybrunetti@aol.com I would appreciate it. Cheers Guy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW