Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Camptown Metro...

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
deanglen said:
Great pics, Dan, and terrfic bash job on the hat. Nice hat, too! Shows the dimensional brim very well, too

dean

Thanks Dean! I had received the hat open crowned & uncut so the dimensional cut was my handy work. Using a tailors chalk helped greatly. While cutting with very sharp shears I was sweating it out.

IC: I'm like the Spanish Inquisition, you'll never expect when I'll spring that Fieldmaster on you.lol

indycop

I'll Lock Up
DanielJones said:
Thanks Dean! I had received the hat open crowned & uncut so the dimensional cut was my handy work. Using a tailors chalk helped greatly. While cutting with very sharp shears I was sweating it out.

IC: I'm like the Spanish Inquisition, you'll never expect when I'll spring that Fieldmaster on you.lol
Maybe I should have Ken route mine to you first! I definitely took the dimensional for a pros job! Sounds like you need to do a tutorial for all us new and future Camptown owners!!!:eusa_clap :cool2:

fatwoul

Practically Family
indycop said:
Maybe I should have Ken route mine to you first! I definitely took the dimensional for a pros job! Sounds like you need to do a tutorial for all us new and future Camptown owners!!!:eusa_clap :cool2:

I paid Ken the extra for the dimensional cut. Didn't seem worth the stress doing it myself. I'd hate to spoil such a nice hat when it only cost $15 for him to do it before it is sent.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
fatwoul said:
I paid Ken the extra for the dimensional cut. Didn't seem worth the stress doing it myself. I'd hate to spoil such a nice hat when it only cost $15 for him to do it before it is sent.
I can't remember if I asked for it or not. Too late too call him.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
The Dimensional Cut was fairly easy to do. I had followed the instructions on cutting a Dinensional Brim from the Tutorial over at Indy Gear and the the tutorial that Johndy had put out. Carefully marking out the measurements on the sides & front and then tapering the measurements in small increment to blend the cut using tailors chalk. Then with a very sharp pair of tailors shears (a really good pair can be had at most fabric stores along with the tailors chalk) carefully and slowly stim on the chalk line. Any wavers or wobbles can be lightly trimmed to shape. Then all you have to do is sand down the edge with the grain of the felt to soften up the edge and give it that factory looking edge.

Cheers!

Dan

indycop

I'll Lock Up
DanielJones said:
The Dimensional Cut was fairly easy to do. I had followed the instructions on cutting a Dinensional Brim from the Tutorial over at Indy Gear and the the tutorial that Johndy had put out. Carefully marking out the measurements on the sides & front and then tapering the measurements in small increment to blend the cut using tailors chalk. Then with a very sharp pair of tailors shears (a really good pair can be had at most fabric stores along with the tailors chalk) carefully and slowly stim on the chalk line. Any wavers or wobbles can be lightly trimmed to shape. Then all you have to do is sand down the edge with the grain of the felt to soften up the edge and give it that factory looking edge.

Cheers!

Dan
I chickened out, Ken's doing the cut!!:D

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic News! Ken has informed me that he has finished my Metropolitan and will be shipping it out soon. Ohhh, I can't wait to see it. this is going to be one lone week next week. Of course this has been the best news I've had all week.
Ken has also let me know that he is beginning to fill orders too. Good news for all.

I will post pics as soon as I get it. :) Then Indycop can drool in anticipation.;)

Cheers!

Dan

indycop

I'll Lock Up
DanielJones said:
Fantastic News! Ken has informed me that he has finished my Metropolitan and will be shipping it out soon. Ohhh, I can't wait to see it. this is going to be one lone week next week. Of course this has been the best news I've had all week.
Ken has also let me know that he is beginning to fill orders too. Good news for all.

I will post pics as soon as I get it. :) Then Indycop can drool in anticipation.;)

Cheers!

Dan

:cool2: :cool: haha! He emailed me last night and said he was done with mine and would ship it out Saturday! No more droolin for me!! Number 15 comin to Florida!:D :eusa_clap

fatwoul

Practically Family
DanielJones said:
It would make a wonderful Christmas present to your self...

Definitely. Camptown owners often talk about what great all-weather hats they are, and what better time to put that to the test than the winter?

Go on Colby. You know you want to. What's more, you know you won't regret it, and there aren't many fun things in the world you can say that about. :D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
DanielJones said:
It would make a wonderful Christmas present to your self.;) Camptown's for Christmas, it almost sounds like a holiday special.:rolleyes:

Cheers!

Dan
Heck, get it for thanksgiving!Good hat good food.....:fedora:
You can pull it down over your eyes when you crash after eating!:D :essen:

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colby you might as well pull the trigger on the camptown! you're gonna cave in when we start postin pics! not to mention when a camptown Falcon hb comes along!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters