Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Childrens Hair

PS

A-List Customer
I have searched for this a few times and can't find what I am looking for. Merge me mods if need be :)

I have two very different boys. My oldest is very preppy and classic looking. My youngest is all out boy, always bruised and rough looking with his long hair. I am very attached to the long hair, DH is very attached to the long hair. He has a bowl style cut that sometimes resembles a bob, when it gets in his face he wears a headband. But lately he's been asking to have this ears out. I can't seem to find many boy styles other than buzz cuts and bowl cuts. Are there any places or pictures you can show me of more vintage styled hair for boys? The kid has edge and I don't want to take it ways by buzzing his head.:eusa_doh:

Lillemor

One Too Many
My boys just have regulary, "neat" and "tidy" cutslol . Sorry I don't know what else to call it. They're afraid of electrical trimmers which is the main reason why they don't have a buzz. Their hair can be parted and smoothed over when it's long enough, usually a few weeks before they need their next trim. I suppose the same tidy cut, but buzzed around the ears would last longer and could be styled to look vintage if your boy doesn't think that's embarrassing. As vain as my boys are and despite their attention to fashion, they really don't care what haircuts they get as long as the trimmers don't come near their heads!

This was for my husband and I know many women had it during the 50s too, but last Thursday my husband explained that he wanted the back cut "duck rump". Sadly, the young hairdresser didn't understand it so my husband just asked her to cut it really short. So now he's stuck with a flat top:rolleyes: I think some young boys had that cut during the 50s as well.

:eek:fftopic: The only person who's ever worn a flat top well was Dave Gahan during the 80s. I'm glad he doesn't have that cut now though.

Otherwise I guess you could always google for some vintage photos of boys during whatever era and bring it with you to the hairdresser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic