Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cigar, Cigarette...

What do you Smoke or Do you ?

• Cigar

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Cigarette - Tobacco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cigarette - Clove

• Cigarette - Other

• Pipe

• Chewing Tobacco

• Snuff

• None

• Total voters

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
I smoke and I drink and I don't mind saying so even to my doctor. The difference is that I do both in moderation. A cigar maybe once a month, a Pipe maybe once a week and the same goes for drink. :cheers1:
Pipe Tobacco--Windsor brands. :D

Regards,

J
That sounds like it wouldn't cause any alarm for the doctor. I heard that a drink nightly was good for you, or was that just red wine? [huh] anyways, just about everything in moderation is just fine, the problem is, most people tend to abuse it, wether it be alcolhol, food, ect.

mysterygal said:
That sounds like it wouldn't cause any alarm for the doctor. I heard that a drink nightly was good for you, or was that just red wine? [huh] anyways, just about everything in moderation is just fine, the problem is, most people tend to abuse it, whether it be alcohol, food, etc.

No it wasn't but he gave me the usual lecture until I told him how often I did both of those things. :p

Regards,

J

LuketheLurker

Familiar Face
I smoke like a freight train, two packs of camel regulars a day. Every now and then I will throw in a pack of Lucky Strikes to mix it up a bit. I do enjoy a good pipe as well as a good cigar, but cigarettes do it for me. I would walk a mile for a camel, as the old advertisment gose… :eek:fftopic: Vintage lover nice pic of John Dillanger. He is still a hero around these parts. Are you a Hoosier?

freebird

Practically Family
I very rarely smoke, maybe once every six months....or whenever I'm stressed. (I once was so stressed out at beauty school that I bit the stem in two). I smoke a pipe when I do smoke.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Primarily a cigar lover. I have 2 wine fridges converted to humidors....:eusa_doh: But, I do have a decent collection of pipes and tobaccos as well for those times where a pipe appeals to me.

I have never been a cigarette smoker, dipper, snuffer, etc...

Vintage lover said:
I regret to say i am not.

Too bad that we can't give you Honorary Hoosier status......but the bar is set so high.....
My father ran into Dillinger once in Montpelier,Ind...but no time to chat..John was in a hurry(true story).
Oh yeah..pack 'n a half of Kools per for me.
HD

rikrdo

A-List Customer
wouldve selected Pipes and cigars but was allowed only 1 choice so it was

"pipes"

3-4 days a week to and from work (45min drive)
Cigars on the golf course and lately thats been once a month :rage:

duggap

Banned
I think it is interesting that everyone who says they have quit also say how glad they did. I know I quit five years ago and I, for the life of me, can't figure why I didn't do it sooner. I sure hope all of you who wish to quit are successful.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I smoke a pipe occassionally, between twice a week and once a month or less for the last year I'd say.

I've smoked cigars a few times, but I prefer the pipe.

Never thouched chew, snuff, or cigarettes.

WH1

Practically Family
I chewed Copenhagen for 20 years(it was a normal part of the cowboy culture I grew up in). I finally quit cold turkey, easily one of the toughest things I have ever done, 8 years ago. I still enjoy a good cigar a few times a month.

geckoheart

Familiar Face
Currently smoke cigars,1-10 a week, depending on the week. Cigars are what got me to this site by way of RedPop4's posts on CW.

Dipped Copenhagen for 16 years...quit April 26, 1998. Was going through 2 cans a day and quit cold turkey. Could start back today like I never stopped.

Smoked cigarrettes for a year or so in college.

RedPop4

One Too Many
Thanks Gecko.
I smoke about three or four cigars a week average per year. It's gotten higher since the summer started because we can smoke at my sons' playground, and a cigar during baseball practice or baseball games is a natural. Find a shady spot, away from the other parents and enjoy.

RedPop4 said:
Thanks Gecko.
I smoke about three or four cigars a week average per year. It's gotten higher since the summer started because we can smoke at my sons' playground, and a cigar during baseball practice or baseball games is a natural. Find a shady spot, away from the other parents and enjoy.

Obviously you don't live in an area where smoking in public will get you raked over the coals. :eusa_doh: :D
I usually have a cigar after dinner as well. Some days none at all. [huh]

RedPop4

One Too Many
Obviously I don't.
I try to be as courteous as possible, and ignore the snide remarks I DO get. Ironically, what few I get are from cigarette smokers who think they're being funny. At this point, ignoring the fanning and fake cough are enough.

Another interesting experience I've had this baseball season is people who see me at the end of the ball game and tell me "we didn't know you were here, sorry we didn't come look for you. We didn't smell your cigar, so we thought you didn't come out tonight." Even though, we rarely if ever leave our kids at games or practice unless they're both practicing or playing. Then we'll let the older one and go with the younger one.

RedPop4 said:
Obviously I don't.
I try to be as courteous as possible, and ignore the snide remarks I DO get. Ironically, what few I get are from cigarette smokers who think they're being funny. At this point, ignoring the fanning and fake cough are enough.

Another interesting experience I've had this baseball season is people who see me at the end of the ball game and tell me "we didn't know you were here, sorry we didn't come look for you. We didn't smell your cigar, so we thought you didn't come out tonight." Even though, we rarely if ever leave our kids at games or practice unless they're both practicing or playing. Then we'll let the older one and go with the younger one.

What is it that the Punch ad says? "I use my cigar smoke as an idiot repellent." ;) Cigarette smokers should be a little more gracious as we tend to support them in their endeavors to stop ridiculous actions against them---because we are usually next. :rolleyes:
We didn't smell your cigar?! Geez, like you smoke Queens or something. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo