Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

College Football!

KL15

One of the Regulars
Those of us south of the line understand completely. Especially in late October it's not as hot. Maybe not sweater weather yet, but not as hot. All while watching a clash of SEC or ACC schools on the gridiron.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I've played football in temperatures ranging from the 20's to the 90's and I think 60¬? with a low dew point, little wind and clear skies would be the ideal playing conditions.

lolli

New in Town
Phil said:
I'm not in college, but I must say, I'd prefer a college game over an NFL game any day. In college, it's still just for fun. In the NFL I feel as if they're just working for a paycheck.

I would definitely have to agree with you on that. I think college players play with a lot more heart.

RedPop4

One Too Many
I do agree that the college player plays with more heart, to some extent. And I know they learn fight songs and such, but I'm really cynical, too. Many ARE going to prepare for the next level, not just the love of the game.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
RedPop4 said:
but I'm really cynical, too. Many ARE going to prepare for the next level, not just the love of the game.
In a recent interview, former USC running back Emmanuel Moody described his transferring to Florida as being just a business decision. :rolleyes:

panamag8or

Practically Family
Tomasso said:
In a recent interview, former USC running back Emmanuel Moody described his transferring to Florida as being just a business decision. :rolleyes:

I hope that business includes beating USC in the BCS championship next season.:D

panamag8or

Practically Family
RedPop4 said:
What are these things of which you speak? Leaves turning? cool breeze? sweaters? At a football game?

While co-eds in sweaters has a certain allure, co-eds in shorts and tank tops isn't too hard on the eyes, is it, RedPop?:D

WH1

Practically Family
Harp said:
The United States Military Academy is the cream of the service academies. :)
Harp, by any chance did you mean creamed by the service academies!

;) sorry this one is so late but I have been a bit busy at Fort Polk what a garden oasis. GO NAVY

panamag8or

Practically Family
RedPop,

I don't know whether to be impressed with LSU or not, after last night. Without all the MSU turnovers, it would have been much closer.

spiridon

A-List Customer
We'll certainly get a better idea next week when they play VT.......that should be a fun one!

Tommmmmyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Make the trip to Baton Rouge and tailgate with us!

panamag8or

Practically Family
Well, I'm about to head out to the tailgate. These 12:30 games are a real hinderance to my tailgating.:mad:

GO GATORS!
GO SEC!

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Just a tip of the hat to Ty Willingham, ex-Irish coach now at Washington.
A gentleman and great role model whose Huskies beat Syracuse! :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff