Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

College Football!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Harp said:
The United States Military Academy is the cream of the service academies. :)
Commander in Chief's Trophy winners: Air Force (16) Navy (9) Army (6) [huh]

Harp

I'll Lock Up
ND QB Update

From Rick Morrissey's Chicago Tribune column:

"Weis...is convinced that revealing his starting quarterback
would compromise his entire program and a few peat farms on
the South Side."
lol

Morrissey, likening this secrecy to James Bond, also remarks
that Bond "is 85 going on 35." lol

MagistrateChris

One of the Regulars
As a former inmate of the prison on the Hudson River they call the USMA, i can only say GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY! As to the resort in Colorado they call an Academy, I will admit to respecting their athletes. they would almost be able to keep up with most Cadets and Middies in PT. lol

As to me, fall means college football. A Saturday on a college campus, the leaves turning, a cool breeze in the air, co-eds in sweaters...Yes, I love college football season.

RedPop4

One Too Many
MagistrateChris said:
As to me, fall means college football. A Saturday on a college campus, the leaves turning, a cool breeze in the air, co-eds in sweaters...Yes, I love college football season.
What are these things of which you speak? Leaves turning? cool breeze? sweaters? At a football game?

MagistrateChris said:
As a former inmate of the prison on the Hudson River they call the USMA, i can only say GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!
Shouldn't that be "SINK NAVY", sir? lol Sigh, too bad there's so much politics around getting into West Point... and if only I were a little younger and lighter...

A Saturday on a college campus, the leaves turning, a cool breeze in the air, co-eds in sweaters...Yes, I love college football season.
Better not let the Mrs. hear you on that last one, but it's one most guys'll agree with...

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
How are the Hawaiian Warrios in rank?

One of my sons buddies has just started a scolarship there.
In Denmark he was defence captain on the national team - and together with my son - who also played - they were Danish Junior Champions twice.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
ND QB Update

Between Jimmy Clausen, Demetrius Jones, and Evan Sharpley, Jones
is leading in practice snaps. And he can scramble. And Georgia Tech will
blitz the Irish QB, so it looks like Jones for Saturday's opener.
Georgia Tech can win this. :(

Rebuild year for Irish, especially secondary situation. :(

LSU for National Champs. :)

MagistrateChris

One of the Regulars
RedPop4 said:
What are these things of which you speak? Leaves turning? cool breeze? sweaters? At a football game?

For those of us living north of the Mason-Dixon line, these things are often found on campus in mid to late October.Our soutern brethern would not understand, or maybe appreciate, sitting in a stadium on a sunny day, temperatures in the 50's, watching a clash on the gridiron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis