Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Conversion of Red Wing sizes US to Europe

4444Design

One of the Regulars
i'm on to get a pair of those nice IRON RANGERS from Red Wing

i'm a 45 in German sizes - heard a lot already that the RW's are a bit on the large side so - if someone already had some experience with that - which size would the equal be in US RW-sizes

i know - ´there are the sizes listed on the boots tongue (or however that spec. parts is called in english) but once more - i'm not so sure wether the RW-mentioned 45 is like the "real" european (german) 45

any help and input apprechiated

thomas

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I went a full size down to get my Red Wings to fit, from US 8.5 to 7.5, which in is UK 7.5 to 6.5, and EU 41 to 40, so I would hazard you're a 44.

schitzo

Suspended
Hi, mine say US 11 D, UK 10, Euro 45.

I think that's about right because they fit me like a large UK 10. I might be wrong, but I've always thought UK 10 is Euro size 44, in which case 45 for these makes sense to me.
I am talking about the Chelsea boots by the way, model 2917. If you buy some of these definitely get some inner soles!

Good luck

Plumbline

One Too Many
Mine ( Beckmans) are a US 9D which is a UK 8 and a Euro 42 .... which is a 1/2 size down from my normal shoe size for a Trickers boot ( 8.5 Eu42.5 ) and a loake shoe. The same applies to Wolverine 1000mile boots where I wear a 9D UK 8 Eur 42.

HTH

4444Design

One of the Regulars
THX guys for your feedback - pretty helpful

as per my knowledge UK 10 equals US 11 equals German 45

i will get that number lower when ordering

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Most people find RWs (at least their heritage line) to fit a half or even whole size big, so the general recommendation is to size down (generally but not always) a half size. Or put another way, order your Alden Truebalance / Barrie size

Iron rangers run different than Beckmans!
If at all possible, you should go try them on. Wear some good medium thickness socks. Don't worry about where your toe ends up as much as which size fits the balls of your feet comfortably and the arch.
My Wolverines are a 9, and Iron rangers are 10.
They come in different widths, so you should get a very good fit. But Try on many to be sure!

Edward

Bartender
I've only once needed to take a size different than my regulat UK8 - a US 9D/ EU42 - all of which numbers are printed as the respective sizes on my Iron Rangers. Can't comment on any other models, but my experience is, with Iron Rangers, go for your normal size and trust the labels. I foolishly wore mine out, brand new, for two full days as soon as I got them. Blistered me a fair bit, but after that initial break-in (which has been the norm for me in every pair of shoes I've ever owned, outside a pair of co-respondents I had custom made in Beijing), they've been probably the comfiest boots I've ever owned.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am a german size 45 too and wear the Beckmanns in US size 11 but it says 44,5 on the tongue. But Beckmanns and Iron Rangers fit slightly different like handymike already told. Can't you try them on?

There are several stores that carry them and even Manufactum has some stores. From where in germany are you?

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I usually wear EU44.5 (which is UK10 and US10.5 or US11, depending on manufacturer). I have the Beckmans in EU43/US10/UK9. The Iron Rangers fit differently and when trying them on size EU43.5/US10.5/UK9.5 fit best. So from my experience I would say size down half a size if you buy Iron Rangers and a whole size if you buy Beckmans.

zhz

Practically Family
I think Beckham runs about a size large, but Iron range runs about a half to one size.
TBH, based on my experience with RW, there is no definite guide for the size, you really have to try it on...every different model sizing different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy