Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool (But Sold) eBay Stuff

Contacts. The second hand/vintage clothing industry is well entrenched in Britain. Just check out how much it's mentioned in Dickens etc. (particularly the Boz stuff). If you know the folks in the industry, apparently the stuff is more frequently encountered at better prices.

And many years of collecting. Traveling around the country picking up everything pre-1960 one sees. Remember the original thrift shop has been in business for quite a while and was gathering when this gear was VERY available.

It's becoming scarcer.

bk

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Pristine belted back suit? Wow...I can't believe it went for so low...It went for just a bit more than I was willing to pay because I'd have just resold it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=200093830044&rd=1&rd=1

ea6f_1.JPG

da63_1.JPG

cookie said:
Why is it 60s BK?

Shape of lapels, primarily.

Number 2 is the type of button used on the pocket flaps. Looks to me like the faux-wooden buttons used often in the 60s/early 70s.

And the angled pockets on the trousers would be very rare for the 40s.

What i meant was that, all in all, you're looking at quite a risk if one buys that as 40s. I may be wrong, of course, and i'll be happy if i was so someone has a nice 40s beltback suit for a semi-cheap price.

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland