Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

RJR

You all are a bad influence. These 2001 Paul Bond boots are on their way to me. :)

30681458314_a2a851eb22_o.jpg

31406717261_50af3f649d_o.jpg

31406717561_0405224a53_o.jpg

31406718041_e7111d1ee7_o.jpg
Nice!

I've got a passion for cowboy boots, OK an obsession, especially for those from deceased bootmakers that have some significance with collectors. These had floundered on the bay for awhile and the other night, I'm sure after a few cocktails, I threw out a best offer I was certain they would refuse. I kinda hoped they would as well because I've been saving pennies for my next custom pair. Anyway, here they are. NOS Paul Wheelers.

Paul Wheeler first started in the shoe and boot repair business in the 40's-50's and from there went on to bootmaking. He stopped some time in the 80's and his son Dave took over and continues to operate his shop in the Houston area and though he no longer takes orders from new customers, he continues to build boots for existing clientele.
CIMG2535.JPG
CIMG2536.JPG
CIMG2537.JPG
CIMG2538.JPG

CIMG2532.JPG
CIMG2533.JPG
CIMG2534.JPG

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I've got a passion for cowboy boots, OK an obsession, especially for those from deceased bootmakers that have some significance with collectors. These had floundered on the bay for awhile and the other night, I'm sure after a few cocktails, I threw out a best offer I was certain they would refuse. I kinda hoped they would as well because I've been saving pennies for my next custom pair. Anyway, here they are. NOS Paul Wheelers.

Paul Wheeler first started in the shoe and boot repair business in the 40's-50's and from there went on to bootmaking. He stopped some time in the 80's and his son Dave took over and continues to operate his shop in the Houston area and though he no longer takes orders from new customers, he continues to build boots for existing clientele.
Nice info.
Those are new... do you still need custom made boots?
I know from the measurements they're too big for you. :p
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Delawareguy

New in Town
I thought I would throw these up for your viewing pleasure. These were my grandfather's boots, apparently made in the late forties.

Attachments

• unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 155
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 155
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 146
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 148

View attachment 62216 View attachment 62217 View attachment 62218 View attachment 62219
View attachment 62221 View attachment 62222 View attachment 62223
NOS! Wow, very nice BB! Perfect addition to any collection. I know you will enjoy them & take great care of them. What a find!

I thought I would throw these up for your viewing pleasure. These were my grandfather's boots, apparently made in the late forties.
Very nice pair from OS! Glad they came down to you, DG. Think of the stories they could tell if only they could talk! I'm sure you will be a good steward while they are in your hands.

Congrats on some sweet scores Bob and Greg!! Great looking boots.

Delawareguy those are fantastic! The boots alone are a real treasure, but being your granddad's makes them priceless.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RJR

View attachment 62216 View attachment 62217 View attachment 62218 View attachment 62219
View attachment 62221 View attachment 62222 View attachment 62223
Great catch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo