Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Stringmaster

One of the Regulars
A pair of Gene Autry's cowboy boots, made by Lucchese, given to Willie Nelson by Autry's widow. Nelson is a huge Autry fan. Nelson donated the boots along with other artifacts to the Dolph Briscoe Center for American History at U T Austin.
image.jpeg

A pair of Gene Autry's cowboy boots, made by Lucchese, given to Willie Nelson by Autry's widow. Nelson is a huge Autry fan. Nelson donated the boots along with other artifacts to the Dolph Briscoe Center for American History at U T Austin.
View attachment 60814
c22ce47e9b759c1d2f1ab674195e6ac9.jpg

It's pretty easy to see the level this boot maker is at. Those are amazing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Me too. If those boots were mine I would be tempted to save the tops by having new vamps made, knowing full-well it's cheaper & easier to just make a new pair.

I know what you mean but Those are great butterflies. I've got a pair of Griffith-Blucher boots in elephant ear that are so worn the boots would need to be rebuilt from the shaft down but the shafts show practically no wear and the stitching is some of my favorite. Still, about the same as having a new pair made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner