Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Stallion Boot Co.
CIMG2672.JPG

TPD166

One Too Many
I don't get to wear boots to work as often as I'd like, but today I am wearing my vintage El Dorados (not the Ariat Eldorado boots, but "El Dorado Handmade Boots") in black. I am lucky enough to have these boots in tan (orange), black cherry, and black, plus another pair of plain El Dorado dress boots. It is my understanding the company went out of business about 20 years ago (yet there seems to be someone currently using the same name - so maybe they are back?). These are some of the finest boots I own - very soft leather and fit like a sock. If anyone knows more about the company I love to hear form you.

Amos f h

Familiar Face
I don't get to wear boots to work as often as I'd like, but today I am wearing my vintage El Dorados (not the Ariat Eldorado boots, but "El Dorado Handmade Boots") in black. I am lucky enough to have these boots in tan (orange), black cherry, and black, plus another pair of plain El Dorado dress boots. It is my understanding the company went out of business about 20 years ago (yet there seems to be someone currently using the same name - so maybe they are back?). These are some of the finest boots I own - very soft leather and fit like a sock. If anyone knows more about the company I love to hear form you.

No, they still making boots. I had a pair of brown dress boots, but it wasn't good on my legs so I returned it and got luccase instead.
It is still. Really nice boots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TPD166

One Too Many
Good to know - all I could find were posts indicating they had gone out of business back in the '90s.

No, they still making boots. I had a pair of brown dress boots, but it wasn't good on my legs so I returned it and got luccase instead.
It is still. Really nice boots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawleyhim

New in Town
I have several pair but the pair I wear regularly are Tony Lama's (now 6 years old). I just bought a new pair and again went with Tony Lama's. There are a lot of different heal/toe combinations so look around and try on lots of different styles.
I have a pair of tony llamas that's been resoled four times.they still look and wear great.I am a native Texan so,i've worn boots all my life.I have some Justin s too.you know they're both owned by the same company.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I have a pair of tony llamas that's been resoled four times.they still look and wear great.I am a native Texan so,i've worn boots all my life.I have some Justin s too.you know they're both owned by the same company.

YEP , TL was the last to go , as far as I know . They made better Boots before , but I guess that's progress . You might have a pair of pre-buy out Boots . Justin bought up about all the big competitors , at that time anyway .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner