Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Here's an old pair I've been eyeballing. Never seen another pair like them.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm real tempted! They are about 1/2 size bigger than what I now wear. I've sent an inquiry on the circumference at the calf. Expensive! Love everything about them!
They are gorgeous, the top stitching, and collars with cut outs are nice!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Impulse offers (that are accepted) are going to get me into trouble... :eek:
Yes, I made one of those last week and never more thankful that it was rejected. Sometimes the fates protect us from ourselves and sometimes not. Nice boots in any event!
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Only reference I can find out there (other than another pair for sale) is a couple of advertisements in the Brownsville Herald newspaper from 1951.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Only reference I can find out there (other than another pair for sale) is a couple of advertisements in the Brownsville Herald newspaper from 1951.
Dang!! Congrats on those Bob!! They're killer.

I'm glad they found a good home. I'd been watching them closely, but I'm still catching up after the holidays. Having 5 kids will put a hurting on the funds this time of year. They make up for it come tax time, though.

Dang!! Congrats on those Bob!! They're killer.

I'm glad they found a good home. I'd been watching them closely, but I'm still catching up after the holidays. Having 5 kids will put a hurting on the funds this time of year. They make up for it come tax time, though.

Thanks Dale! I have three kids that are 30 and 31 and they are still burning up my boot and hat funds. Just wait until you take your five grown kids to a bar! :eek:

I'll put a piece of tape with your name on it in these (in case I die with them on, then my wife will know who they should go to). ;)

Thanks Dale! I have three kids that are 30 and 31 and they are still burning up my boot and hat funds. Just wait until you take your five grown kids to a bar! :eek:

I'll put a piece of tape with your name on it in these (in case I die with them on, then my wife will know who they should go to). ;)
Thanks for thinking of me Bob!

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Your right Bob, they never stop impacting the boot and hat budget!

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Bob, cool find. I've never run across that brand in all the junk I've read through. Clean and appear well made. Love the color and contrasting piping. About all I can add is they look to be boots that come from that area of bootmakers, many very good, whose boots became referred to as "valley boots" Austin Hall and others that are known come from this area.

Bob, cool find. I've never run across that brand in all the junk I've read through. Clean and appear well made. Love the color and contrasting piping. About all I can add is they look to be boots that come from that area of bootmakers, many very good, whose boots became referred to as "valley boots" Austin Hall and others that are known come from this area.

Thanks Greg!

I have some Austin Halls but most Valley boots are made with flat arches. Rios & others come to mind. Also when buying older Mexican boots be aware that they tan leather in animal urine. Their leather is not brain tanned. It's cheaper. When they get wet you will usually know the difference.

redlinerobert

One of the Regulars
So. FedEx attempted to deliver the boots today to my office. Apparently, my office was 'closed' at the time. Impossible. They tried to deliver these to the wrong address! We get deliveries here all the time. Having them held at the local office and going to pick them up myself tomorrow.

We visited a thrift store yesterday. I heard they had some boots. A few nice ones, not in my size, but I did find one pair that fit, so I brought them home. They are Justins, I have no idea what year.
92454851235e9effaa2c403bd972a0c8.jpg
4376e5ab341105dced295025cbf73465.jpg
659b21d99557e419f517220ac8d82763.jpg
32cd7fb19c9ec7591a77f058cbdd8e73.jpg
c876e786118e1e189f13a39195ba8206.jpg
86e7d247165f7460a7b3ccdb5187e092.jpg

Damn, Ddog I'm not much of a snake fan but those look good and nearly new. Good color. I have a hard time with putting a date on Justins. The last pair I owned was a pair of mule hides in the 70's-80's. Was away from home for awhile and my mom threw them away. Loved those boots. Still hurts.

Just going by the profile, the nice heel and the elaborate stitching, I would think no later than the 80's. Maybe others will weigh in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails