Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Robster35

New in Town
Baking soda is great at removing odors but it is an abrasive. If it's put a inside a boot it will seek out every nook, cranny, thread and peg hole it can find. You'll never get it all out and over time it will assist in the boots having a come-apart. If you use it for odor control, put it in a small open container inside the boot for a couple of days and that should acclomplish the desired effects.

yikes! did not know that. ive actually only used the baking soda on one pair and i hardly wear that particular pair. ill skip the baking soda step from now on

Finally got a reply from PB concerning their plans for the working cowboy boot & the recent listing of boots on eBay:

(Quote)
Thanks for your interest, I apologize for the late reply.

We are not now, and do not intend to, outsource our Paul Bond Boots. We still manufacture all boots bearing the Paul Bond name in the USA.

These boots were an experimental order to a central Mexico bootmaker family of good reputation and over 70 years tradition. It was modeled after our traditional working cowboy boot, and Paul Bond was involved in telling them what he wanted done. The idea was to try to find a work boot to offer to those who found work boots Paul Bond’s made out of their range for the moment.

As to the fit, our customers report that these fit pretty much the same as the Paul Bond Working Cowboy boot. I personally sold a pair of these boots and a Paul Bond working cowboy boot to one customer here at the barn. While he was here, he tried both in the same size and said the fit felt pretty even between the two.

Hope that helps, and clears up your misunderstandings -
(End Quote)

While specifically not stated as such all of the Mexican order boots must now be sold out since the eBay listing has been taken down.

Alex Neves

New in Town
90b2fd706d16d8534e0cd2d5e12c8b03.jpg
77432b4cbdcfef4231eab9f9fde3377a.jpg

I lived in a farm for years, and I have been wearing cowboy boots my entire life.
Ariat quantum are the most confortable pair of boots that I own.

Enviado de meu E2363 usando Tapatalk

Robster35

New in Town
question on Lucchese classics guys- to those that have them do u wear the same size in them as u do in other boots? found a slightly used pair im considering

question on Lucchese classics guys- to those that have them do u wear the same size in them as u do in other boots? found a slightly used pair im considering

Robster, I've only owned one pair of Lucchese Classics and the fit was good and in the size of my other boots. They're built on what they call a "twisted cone" last and they do feel a little different. If you're near a brick and mortar store that carries them, I'd recommend trying some on before an online purchase.

Robster35

New in Town
Robster, I've only owned one pair of Lucchese Classics and the fit was good and in the size of my other boots. They're built on what they call a "twisted cone" last and they do feel a little different. If you're near a brick and mortar store that carries them, I'd recommend trying some on before an online purchase.

may hafta pass on these then. a local store carries some lucchese but sadly no classics.

Robster35

New in Town

cleaning inside of my boots with a little warm water and this spot appears on outside. this will go away once leather dries right? lol

cleaning inside of my boots with a little warm water and this spot appears on outside. this will go away once leather dries right? lol

Nope!

Just kidding. It should if you're just using water or water and a mild cleaner. I've had spots like that appear and it seems to be common from the back side of ostrich, at least in my experience and ostrich is almost impervious to water on the quill side. Go figure.

Robster35

New in Town
Nope!

Just kidding. It should if you're just using water or water and a mild cleaner. I've had spots like that appear and it seems to be common from the back side of ostrich, at least in my experience and ostrich is almost impervious to water on the quill side. Go figure.

yea it was just a little warm water and ivory soap. i hope i didnt screw up

Robster, I don't think you did. If you're really worried about it you can get the whole vamp equally wet as the spot and let it dry evenly. Sometimes you may notice the edge of a water spot.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not sure about ostrich but my steer hides get wet often enough with no ill effects but fitting better. Just wear them.

My short Wellington heel boots. Finally growing on me. Been wearing tall ones for 19 years the short ones took a little to get used to.
Johnny

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I'll Tell you , I worked in Carbon Black for a few years a L O N G Time ago , and Ivory Liquid Dishwashing Detergent was the ONLY thing that will take that stuff off of you and anything else ! Plus Vaseline for the eye lashes if you don't wash good enough with Ivory Liquid .

I watched this a while back , did you hear what a pair of his Boots Costs ?! But Custom done right Last .

Alberta Boot morning.

Johnny

Nice Combo Johnny ! I got on-line lurking around , and subscribed to NRS Catalog , that have a Horse Section , and a Clothing Section (reverse side) with a Lot of Good Stuff including Boots . The first catalog just came and I'm looking at the Boot selection as I type . On-line everything I like On Sale is not my size Anywhere , but the catalog (On-line , too) has Lucchese , Rod Patrick , Twisted , Ariat , Anderson Bean , Ferrini , Tony Lama , Justin , probably others , too . Great selection !

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925