Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Did anyone ever figure out if the Boots on eBay were Genuine Paul Bond Boots ? I know I look hoping to spot some French Waxed Calf Working Boots , but it says as available . I guess you could go custom , but ... . They would be Classic Treasures for sure .

Did anyone ever figure out if the Boots on eBay were Genuine Paul Bond Boots ? I know I look hoping to spot some French Waxed Calf Working Boots , but it says as available . I guess you could go custom , but ... . They would be Classic Treasures for sure .
Sorry I missed this post until now; still on vacation with limited Internet time. It may all be a moot point by now. When they relisted the BIN on eBay there were just 10 pair still available. So even if you used BIN the Mexican commissioned boots by Bond might not be available in your size or color. I think this was a one-time deal & that is why they are being sold under a "no return" policy. I think these boots will be stamped by the Mexican maker, not PB. Other than that I can only refer to the reply to my email I posted above.

I assume Bond's working cowboy boot they called the stockman's boot will still be available from time to time. You can call & check size & color availability at any time. They might even keep a record of what you are looking for. I'm not sure exactly how the order process for a pair of these might work. 56FordGuy would know better from his recent order.

RJR

Sorry I missed this post until now; still on vacation with limited Internet time. It may all be a moot point by now. When they relisted the BIN on eBay there were just 10 pair still available. So even if you used BIN the Mexican commissioned boots by Bond might not be available in your size or color. I think this was a one-time deal & that is why they are being sold under a "no return" policy. I think these boots will be stamped by the Mexican maker, not PB. Other than that I can only refer to the reply to my email I posted above.

I assume Bond's working cowboy boot they called the stockman's boot will still be available from time to time. You can call & check size & color availability at any time. They might even keep a record of what you are looking for. I'm not sure exactly how the order process for a pair of these might work. 56FordGuy would know better from his recent order.
I got the impression is was a sort of trial thing,but I might be wrong.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Thanks guys ! I went back and reread the email response HJ got . Yeah , it sounded like they were legit PB Boots , just trying to make them available through the established trusted Mexican Boot retailer or something on a trial deal . But they checked identical as far as they could tell . (sorry I didn't go back and check) I think I'll just call and see if I need to give my measurements , and if they'll keep me in mind or on file , like HJ said , never know .

Thanks for answering , everyone .

These boots are probably at the Truman Library, Independence, MO but I wonder if they are ever put out on display?

akzolg.jpg

56FordGuy

One of the Regulars

Thanks guys ! I went back and reread the email response HJ got . Yeah , it sounded like they were legit PB Boots , just trying to make them available through the established trusted Mexican Boot retailer or something on a trial deal . But they checked identical as far as they could tell . (sorry I didn't go back and check) I think I'll just call and see if I need to give my measurements , and if they'll keep me in mind or on file , like HJ said , never know .

Thanks for answering , everyone .

Just saw this. When I ordered my stock boots, they did not need my measurements. The stock boots are made to standard sizes. They did ask me to measure around my heel just to ensure their sizes line up with the boots I had been wearing. They did not have any boots available in my size, but did have boots in other sizes. Since nothing was available in mine though, I was given the option to get 'in line'. They would make a pair of stock boots in my size, and I could choose the leather and stitching colors. It's not a custom boot, but I got the impression while talking with them that if there had been that would've been my only choice. My order was placed May 6, so yesterday was the end of week 7. If I haven't heard by the end of next week I may call and check in. The original estimate was 6-8 weeks if I recall correctly.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
These boots are probably at the Truman Library, Independence, MO but I wonder if they are ever put out on display?

akzolg.jpg

Now THAT'S a FINE PAIR of TL BOOTS !!! Great History HJ !!! Hope you're enjoying your vacation . Or back safe and sound .

Just saw this. When I ordered my stock boots, they did not need my measurements. The stock boots are made to standard sizes. They did ask me to measure around my heel just to ensure their sizes line up with the boots I had been wearing. They did not have any boots available in my size, but did have boots in other sizes. Since nothing was available in mine though, I was given the option to get 'in line'. They would make a pair of stock boots in my size, and I could choose the leather and stitching colors. It's not a custom boot, but I got the impression while talking with them that if there had been that would've been my only choice. My order was placed May 6, so yesterday was the end of week 7. If I haven't heard by the end of next week I may call and check in. The original estimate was 6-8 weeks if I recall correctly.

Thanks 56FG ! That's Good Info ! I hope I can remember ,and Stop Jacking (sorry HJ) Around and Call . That's Not Long for PBBoots at all , and the squeaky wheel does get the grease . I watched the video about measuring , and remember there is a guide on the website on measuring , also . Thanks for letting me know .

Great looking pair, there, but $975???! o_O

To some collectors, maybe. I've seen some in better shape go for less. Lusk is reputed to be the first black to ever own his own bootmaking shop. The story goes that Benny Binion was in Browns Saddle Shop in Lubbock to order another pair of boots from Lusk and asked Lusk why he didn't have his own shop. When Lusk told him it would cost $5,000 dollars to open his own shop, Binion peeled the 5k off from a roll in his pocket and gave it to Lusk and that was the beginning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats