Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

Hawleyhim

New in Town
YEP , TL was the last to go , as far as I know . They made better Boots before , but I guess that's progress . You might have a pair of pre-buy out Boots . Justin bought up about all the big competitors , at that time anyway .
I really think they were better then,of course I think everything used to be made better.I've had this pair about twenty years.

Attachments

• 1486043815362-2099323879.jpg
    1486043815362-2099323879.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 139
I don't get to wear boots to work as often as I'd like, but today I am wearing my vintage El Dorados (not the Ariat Eldorado boots, but "El Dorado Handmade Boots") in black. I am lucky enough to have these boots in tan (orange), black cherry, and black, plus another pair of plain El Dorado dress boots. It is my understanding the company went out of business about 20 years ago (yet there seems to be someone currently using the same name - so maybe they are back?). These are some of the finest boots I own - very soft leather and fit like a sock. If anyone knows more about the company I love to hear form you.

Robert, I like those el Dorado boots and the ones from the same era as yours seem to be on par with TL's, Nocona and Justin when they all made good boots. As in before Berkshire-Hathaway bought them up. I found this trademark registration online and it appears Dan Post owns the name now. I think there was probably a dead period when the boots were no longer made but I'm uncertain on this. The only retailer I could find online is Boot Barn and the boots look similar, in how the vamp and heel counter are cut but I would be surprised if the quality is the same.

https://trademarksoncall.com/trademark/el-dorado/77665948

TPD166

One Too Many
I saw that the logo was the same, but suspected that it was not the same makers. I had had seen several indicators online that Eldorado had gone out of business years ago.

Robert, I like those el Dorado boots and the ones from the same era as yours seem to be on par with TL's, Nocona and Justin when they all made good boots. As in before Berkshire-Hathaway bought them up. I found this trademark registration online and it appears Dan Post owns the name now. I think there was probably a dead period when the boots were no longer made but I'm uncertain on this. The only retailer I could find online is Boot Barn and the boots look similar, in how the vamp and heel counter are cut but I would be surprised if the quality is the same.

https://trademarksoncall.com/trademark/el-dorado/77665948

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Hello gentlemen, Bamaboots kindly suggested asking you guys.
I've been admiring Rocketbuster boots for a couple of years, and now I have an idea for a custom design.
But I want to ask if anyone has any experience of the order process and how the fit ended up?
I'm also interested to know how they age, and what kind of character they develop.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I've been admiring Rocketbuster boots for a couple of years, and now I have an idea for a custom design.
But I want to ask if anyone has any experience of the order process and how the fit ended up?
I'm also interested to know how they age, and what kind of character they develop.
Big J, I have a pair of Rocketbusters. I got them back in 1992 and they're still going strong. Very well made boots. I bought mine through a boot shop here that was a dealer for them back then. The ones I ordered were too small, and he had a sample pair he let me try on and I ended up liking them better anyway so that's what I ended up with. So I can't really speak so much to the ordering experience, but can attest to their quality and longevity. If you decide to go for it, please post 'em up when you get 'em.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Big J, I have a pair of Rocketbusters. I got them back in 1992 and they're still going strong. Very well made boots. I bought mine through a boot shop here that was a dealer for them back then. The ones I ordered were too small, and he had a sample pair he let me try on and I ended up liking them better anyway so that's what I ended up with. So I can't really speak so much to the ordering experience, but can attest to their quality and longevity. If you decide to go for it, please post 'em up when you get 'em.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dh66, thank you very much for that information. I have only heard from two people about the quality, but both reports are that it's top-notch.
If I may, I'm interested to know why the boots you ordered turned out too small, and I'd really be grateful if you could post some pics of the boots you own.

1955mercury

One of the Regulars
I've got a pair of Rocketbusters.
RocketBusters-27Aug2016.JPG

These are 23 years old. The fit is about the same as Justin boots. The leather is thick compared to cheaper boots and it takes a while to break them in. They are not the most comfortable boots I own and I wouldn't recommend them for everyday wear. But when you want to stand out they answer the call. It was about 2 weeks from the time I ordered them until they arrived to the best of my recollection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner