Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

coyles outdoorsman boots

henrik

New in Town
hi
looking for opinions on the coyle boots which are supposed to be alden 405 replicas. i cant afford the aldens.
anyone know about these boots?.

henrik

New in Town
coyles indy boots

was hoping someone would have an opinion on these boots before i bought them

coyles_outdoorsman_boot.jpg

henrik

New in Town
marlin fan

hi
sorry forgot to mention they are from todds costumes. i haven't bought them yet.
cant afford the aldens

henrik

New in Town
J M STOVALL

Hi
saw you with the todds indy boots. wanting to buy a pair myself as i cant afford the aldens.
how are the boots are they comfy and breaking in well. what about the size are they made big. do they seem sturdy?
hope you can help
cheers

Edward

Bartender
Afraid I can't offer any opinion on these, but I'm interested in hearing about them too. I'm in a similar position where the Aldens are a little more than I can comfortably spend in the medium term, and I would also be importing to the UK.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
There is a great deal of discussion about these on COW, but I can sum things up a little.

The bad; There have been a couple of issues with the way the heels and soles are attached, but Todd has offered to pay for repairs with a receipt, or replace. Those who have needed to repair are very happy afterward. If you have bad feet, though (like me), you'll want to avoid them. These are NOT orthapedic in the slightest.

The good; They look fantastic, they are light (no steel shanks), and they are pretty comfortable for a shoe of that price point. You might have to spend a few bucks to bring them up to snuff, but the low price tag and good materials make them worth the effort.

A word of advice; Print out his sizing page and use it! It works 100% of the time for figuring size. If you think you know your size without it, your chances of getting the right size drop to about 60%.

Marcus

A-List Customer
I own a pair. Pretty much agree with the above. They're not beefy enough to be real work/adventure boots IMO, but if you are going for the Indy look, they're great. I wear them to work all the time, but I'm in an office all day.

henrik

New in Town
amazin boots

hi
thanks to all for advice etc......just took delivery of the boots.
for the money they are fantastic, soft leather good fit and good shape.
i agree with one poster, dont think i would be hiking or adventuring with them. although they do seem pretty tough.
On the whole good value for the money
cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff