Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CUPCAKES!!

Actually, in response to the critics, cupcakes do have one big advantage: mobility. If you're in an "agile" (who wants to play a little Buzzword Bingo?lol ), Eat 'n' Run situation, wouldn't you agree that it's a lot more enjoyable to have something you can savor while on the move and dispose of the wrapper at any convenient trash-can than something you have to wolf down and scramble onward to your destination or whatever task you have to accomplish?

Not to pick a fight, just saying "a time and place for everything".

HepKitty

One Too Many
lol you guys are funny

DB has already earned cookies, so he can email me his request. JP if I send you cookies, what's in it for me?

DB you have a point there. Easy to grab and run, and you have a half a chance of not getting your fingers all sticky. They are more work to make and decorate though, and require several containers for transport when your average cake needs one container. And a knife

HepKitty

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
My bet would be she got that good through lots of practice--which means maybe you could do it too with a little effort...

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

You mean to say that a woman who is good with big knives isn't a scary thing? lol

Diamondback said:
:eek:fftopic: You missed the real fun with [voice=Dr. Evil]Mr. Powers *cocks pinky*[/voice] shortly after I first joined up--long since deleted between database crashes and the ascendancy of the "Thou Shalt Have No Fun" faction of Site Admin...

uh oh what did I miss?

Puzzicato

One Too Many
HepKitty said:
cutting board, chef's knife. problem solved in 2 minutes of chopping

how did the cupcakes turn out? care to share the recipe?

Definitely. Chopping your chocolate by hand is the only way to go. The chocolate they make chocolate chips from is cheap & nasty and gets its "unique" non-melting properties from using vegetable fat instead of cocoa butter.

HepKitty

One Too Many
Puzzicato said:
Definitely. Chopping your chocolate by hand is the only way to go. The chocolate they make chocolate chips from is cheap & nasty and gets its "unique" non-melting properties from using vegetable fat instead of cocoa butter.

gross, isn't it?

HepKitty said:
You mean to say that a woman who is good with big knives isn't a scary thing? lol
:eek:fftopic: To a gunfighter outside of 21 feet?:eek: One of the lessons that my psych profs had the hardest time beating through my skull in helping me make peace with myself: it's not what you CAN do that makes or breaks your character, but what you WILL or WILL NOT do with those capabilities--and I'd like to think that if you or anyone had hostile intent in the same room, I'd sense it in time to start my drawstroke. Maybe I'm kinda cocky here, perhaps even arrogant or overconfident, but when you've been in situations where you and others entrusted to your care potentially live or die by your skill with your Tools of the Trade, self-doubt--indeed, anything less than absolute confidence in yourself, your skills and your tools--is a luxury that neither you nor your Principals can afford.

uh oh what did I miss?
Some truly Off The Wall stuff--[voice=Dr. Evil]Mr. Powers[/voice] could explain it better than I, but for now let's just say it was a different time in a different Fedora Lounge the likes of which we will probably never see again.:(

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Diamondback said:
:eek:fftopic: You missed the real fun with [voice=Dr. Evil]Mr. Powers *cocks pinky*[/voice] shortly after I first joined up--long since deleted between database crashes and the ascendancy of the "Thou Shalt Have No Fun" faction of Site Admin...

----------------

Must refer to the Who is Your Favorite Poet thread. :eek:
***rubbed out. killed in cold ink. Murder 1-depraved heart indifference, deliberate intent, malice aforethought,
conspiracy to commit murder; obstruction of justice, and a lot of other stuff besides. :( ;)
---------

...speaking of cupcakes, caught an episode of The Tudors; and the actress who played Anne B....:essen: :D

HepKitty

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Possibly a good review and a happy face. :D :p

ummm... gosh I don't know about that

The reviews so far are good, even though one guy can't figure out what the heck I put in them lol

HepKitty

One Too Many
my favorite sugar cookie recipe

about 9 dozen cookies, 350F

4.5 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp NaHCO3
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1.25 c butter
2 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp lemon extract
1 c buttermilk

extra flour for rolling dough

Mix butter and sugar; add eggs, vanilla, and lemon extract. Mix dry stuff and add alternately with buttermilk. Cover and chill for 3 hours. Roll onto floured surface 1/4 - 1/2 " thick and get out your cookie cutters. Sprinkle with sugar and bake 10 minutes.

Variations for Guinness/Baileys cookies:

Omit lemon & nutmeg, substitute half the buttermilk with Guinness. Add 1/2 c sifted dutch cocoa powder (no need to reduce flour you'll add more anyway). Forget the sugar on top before baking. Make frosting out of a little butter, milk, Bailey's, and a lot of sifted powdered sugar and frost when cookies are cool.

enjoy! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR