Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CUPCAKES!!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
and those of us with no willpower and no desire to bake, might sort of like being able to go get -one- treat and not have a dozen or so in the house expanding our waistlines...

Yet have them be adult cake type flavours.

lol

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Puzzicato said:
I don't like cupcake-mania.
Ditto.I've been doing my best to ignore it but they seem to be popping up on every menu I see. I was even at a hipster bar the other night that had a cupcake bar. :rolleyes:

HepKitty

One Too Many
Puzzicato said:
Well exactly! Then you can decide whether you want a big piece or a little piece. Or two. ;)

simple problem, simple solution. some of the recipes sound too good not to try, in cupcake or proper cake form

I made some chocolate chip cupcakes yesterday with icing (not the hard crap you get from bakeries either--the soft marshmallowy kind that does involve marshmallows) and sprinkles. :p It was a recipe from a cookbook from the 1940s. Good thing they have chocolate chips now. I would hate to have to cut up eight squares of chocolate to make chips by hand.:eusa_doh:

HepKitty

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
I made some chocolate chip cupcakes yesterday with icing (not the hard crap you get from bakeries either--the soft marshmallowy kind that does involve marshmallows) and sprinkles. :p It was a recipe from a cookbook from the 1940s. Good thing they have chocolate chips now. I would hate to have to cut up eight squares of chocolate to make chips by hand.:eusa_doh:

cutting board, chef's knife. problem solved in 2 minutes of chopping

how did the cupcakes turn out? care to share the recipe?

HepKitty said:
cutting board, chef's knife. problem solved in 2 minutes of chopping

how did the cupcakes turn out? care to share the recipe?

They went faster then, well, cupcakes. :D
I'll have to get the book in hand as I don't remember the recipe at the moment.
I'll also send over a few pounds of chocolate for you to chop for me so I have them ready for next time. :p

HepKitty

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
They went faster then, well, cupcakes. :D
I'll have to get the book in hand as I don't remember the recipe at the moment.
I'll also send over a few pounds of chocolate for you to chop for me so I have them ready for next time. :p

lol at least this way you can use better quality chocolate

Heyheyhey! By asking, I acknowledged that the line started with you... as for the food processor, that's why you stop and rearrange the chunks every few pulses, and you run it low and slow...

Or loading the chocolate into a Ziploc and bustin' out the ol' rubber mallet should work too. You're just trying to outsource part of the job you don't like, aren't you? :p lol

Diamondback said:
Heyheyhey! By asking, I acknowledged that the line started with you... as for the food processor, that's why you stop and rearrange the chunks every few pulses, and you run it low and slow...

Or loading the chocolate into a Ziploc and bustin' out the ol' rubber mallet should work too. You're just trying to outsource part of the job you don't like, aren't you? :p lol

Gee, no kidding. Hep said she could do it in two minutes so I defer to someone who knows better than I. ;) :p Two minutes sounds faster than rearranging chunks too. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR