Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
pigeon toe said:
And I have very finicky feet (super narrow and completely flat, so a lot of shoes are painful or even dangerous for me).
I hear you about the flat feet and pain. I have really flat feet too:( It can throw the entire alignment of your body out of whack. It causes your ankles and knees to turn in, and your hips to turn funny too. Also when you have flat feet you tend to put a lot more pressure on the balls of your feet and your big toes. So, when you wear heels it's as if the entire weight of your body is on these two small parts of your feet. When I wear any size heel the balls of my feet get cramped and sore so fast, and the pain just radiates up my legs into my back. I have tried every different type of insole, gel insert, padding, nothing alleviates this pain. I had a pair of custom arches made, but they are so big and bulky I can only wear them in sneakers:( When I do wear them my feet feel great, but I so rarely wear sneakers, so they are kind of useless to me. I also have rheumatoid arthritis, which causes swelling. So even if I'm wearing a low heel, my feet and ankles swell. I tough it out in the name of fashion!! But, I usually keep an extra pair of shoes in the car. What I have figured out is that wedges actually make my feet feel better. The doctor says it's because they have an even distribution of sole, so all the pressure isn't just in one area of my feet. I'm so glad that wedges were popular in vintage times, or I'd never be able to comfortably wear a pair of vintage or vintage inspired shoes.

BegintheBeguine said:
Wore these shoes out tonight in my size 6. It was a film noir night, by which I mean rainy. Turns out I had to park blocks away from the joint. The shoes were very comfy even with no gel inserts or insoles of any kind, and chic. Love these shoes!! $14.79!!!

I got these too. I love them and they are actually pretty comfy for such high heels. I showed them to my Mom and she actually thought they were vintage. Sadly, even though they are pretty comfy, my hips and back can only tolerate a few hours in them, and I don't think I could do any extended walking in them:( So, I reserve them for dinners out, but no dancing. I'm so glad that someone is getting better use out of these lovelies than me. They really are a great looking pair of shoes. I have a few other pairs of shoes with the same heel height and I can't last an hour in them. So the fact that I can wear these for a few hours makes them a very good, comfortable pair of heels. I highly recommend them to anybody without joint problems!:D:(

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Pink, I have two pairs of Remix wedges, the pleated toe ones in white and some black Briarcliffs. Well I got the Briarcliffs in December and have worn them at least 5 times a week (if not every day) every week since then. I walk an average of 2-3+ miles every day in them. They have perfectly moulded to my feet (though are in need of a good polish now), the crepe sole is hardwearing and totally non slip (the others are a different story!) and they are the moost comfortable shoes I own. I fully expect them to do at least that amount of wear again before I might think about replacing them as they are showing not a single sign of strain anywhere. Worth every penny. And they have a sale on a couple of styles right now!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
There is a whole thread on these shoes.

*searching is fun* ;)

LD

As you know by now LD I haven't found search to be very friendly. I can never find threads on anything I search for. I guess because I don't know that the thread already exists therefore I don't know which keyword to use. Every keyword I type doesn't pull up the thread I want. [huh]

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Pink Dahlia said:
As you know by now LD I haven't found search to be very friendly. I can never find threads on anything I search for. I guess because I don't know that the thread already exists therefore I don't know which keyword to use. Every keyword I type doesn't pull up the thread I want. [huh]

Do you use the advanced search? It works better than the simple one.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
:eek:fftopic:
Yep I've used both. Again I never seem to find threads on the particular topic I'm looking for. This is why I've started brand new threads on preexisting topics (because I didn't know they were there). I don't do it to be spiteful. :D

LizzieMaine

Bartender
The search function has a lot of oddball quirks to it -- when you search "re-mix", with the hyphen, it doesn't bring up anything. But "remix," no hyphen, brings up lots of threads, including ones with "re-mix (hyphen)" in the title. So it's a good idea to experiment a bit with different spellings until you find one the system likes.

And I love my Remix pumps, even though the leather isn;t the most durable. I've had to patch some little cracks with contact cement since I've had them, but the repairs seem to be holding OK...

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
GoldLeaf said:
Do you use the advanced search? It works better than the simple one.

Very true. I just typed in 'remix', selected the Power Room for my search forum and hit search. Found 3 threads with 'remix' in the title.

Im not blaming you for anything PD, it can be jaunting, but the advanced search is the best one to use. Its through.

:)
LD

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
I love my Remix heels! I have a pair of the Rita's and a pair of the regular pumps. I wear them almost daily... They're super comfortable- my feet never get tired in them, and they're really durable.

I made a special trip across L.A. when I was on tour last fall just to go to Remix. The owner found out that I came practically all the way from Philadelphia and gave me a free aligator skin compact along with my purchase. Not to mention he gave me to option of a once worn (for a fashion show) pair of shoes at $50 off their normal price just because the soles showed some wear. The shoes had no damage and weren't broken in, so I took them!

I highly recommend asking if they have any slightly worn shoes. They don't sell second hand Remix shoes and all the shoes that have been worn were only for local fashion shows or advertisements. But they don't sell them unless they're asked. They tend to save them for other fashion shows! So it's definately worth looking into! :)

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
BegintheBeguine said:
Wore these shoes out tonight in my size 6. It was a film noir night, by which I mean rainy. Turns out I had to park blocks away from the joint. The shoes were very comfy even with no gel inserts or insoles of any kind, and chic. Love these shoes!! $14.79!!!

Waaa! They're out of stock. I should have ordered when that link was first posted but hesitated, finger on the place order button, thinking of exactly how tall I would be in them - later decided they were so cute I didn't care, & now it is too late!

Daisy, I if you have a Pay Pal account you should be able to order Remix shoes via the internet, if that is easier for you than the phone. . . I sent them an email with sizes & what I wanted, & he emailed me a PayPal invoice.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Search

The other option for searching is to use google

If you click on 'advanced search' on googles main page, you get a complex search.

About halfway down the list of 'options' is Domain.

If you type in thefedoralounge.com

and put in your search terms up top...

you use the google searching engine, which can find a lot more, but its still limited to threads on the lounge.

BegintheBeguine

In patent in size 7.5

BegintheBeguine said:
:D My shoes arrived today as promised. Every gal on this Forum should buy these shoes it they are in your size. Too cute and comfortable. http://www.endless.com/dp/B000IBPBV4/ref=rsl_1-0/?fromPage=mythings These might just be my new favorite shoes and with 300 pair in my house to choose from that is something. (The other 3 pair I got are nice, too.)
Can y'all tell I love these shoes and want everyone to have a pair? Also in size 9.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
You talked me into it BTB, I ordered those black patent beauties (in a 9 too). $14.75! How can you not buy them for that price?

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
My husband is getting me these:

83075lg.jpg

http://www.onlineshoes.com/productp...ag=1&pcid=51977&fpl=productlist&ptclass=dress

I still don't know whether I should get black or brown. Black goes with everything, but brown looks more 30s.

BegintheBeguine

imoldfashioned said:
You talked me into it BTB, I ordered those black patent beauties (in a 9 too). $14.75! How can you not buy them for that price?
Yippee! I hope you like them. Wish they'd been available in my size in the patent too, but I have the page bookmarked and I keep checking back as their inventory changes every day or even every hour. ;)
Thank you Tough Cookie for telling us abut endless.com!!
Ashley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters