Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Today I was at DSW Warehouse. They had some Rampage vintagey pumps on sale for $45. I could not resist...they had the 40s look down to a tee for me and in a size 11, which is hard to find. And they were pretty comfy for a pump. They are the Marion style in the Rampage brand...and I totally fell in love with the heel and fat sole.
http://www.rampage.com/page/items.itemid.9797
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000FHD8ES/msnshop-apparel-mp-20/ref=nosim
B000FHAORC.01.RGHT._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V60899158_.jpg

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! They had them in a light purple color too but I got the black. I wish they had brown but one of the website links has it in brown. They are actually comfortable considering they are heels.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
i have a pair that looks EXACTLY like those, but they are made by carole little! they come up on ebay from time to time but marshall's and tj maxx has them right now.

anna_newman

New in Town
Rosie, I LURVE those shoes you posted! so perfect.

I have to tell you all about some shoes I just found too--they are from Sofft, and they really are soft! They are also super supportive, wide enough for my clodhoppers, and with a vintage feel. I loved the brown pair I got so much, I went back this weekend and got a black pair:

1011301.jpg

you can see other colors at sofftshoe.com. the style is called "calypso"

I got mine at nordstrom--they have them at nordstrom online too.

CA Rosie

New in Town
More Cute Comfy shoes

Here is a website for those that want to buy vintage looking shoes with lower or higher heels.....
http://www.22tangoshoes.com/

They are ballroom shoes, but a few of the "really" good Swing Dancers here in L.A. wear them out dancing. From what I've been told they are the most comfy heels out there. Unfortunately they are baseed back east and they are alittle $$$, but thats the price we pay for cute fashion.

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
Thank you for posting that! I really like these shoes:
ella-rd-low-lg.jpg

But do you gals think the heels are kind of too modern looking? I think they may have ruined a perfectly good shoe with an ugly heel?

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
I think you're right, Rebecca. They did ruin an otherwise cute shoe with a block of a heel. Maybe it's there for stability's sake?

I do love the ankle strap and peep toe, though, and the fact that the (ugly) heel isn't too high.

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
Yeah, when you take away the cuteness of the red coloring and look at the black shoe you can see how wrong the heel is. That's really a shame because I love the fact that it's a cute vintage-y shoe with a low heel. Darn it!

ella-blk-low-lg.jpg

Tourbillion

Practically Family
The low heel shoes at 22tangoshoes.com is their practice heel, it is ugly, but is meant for comfort. There are other companies that but Cuban heels on their practice shoes, and they look a lot better.

Tara Tango shoes used to be a lot cuter, like when they had the pink and silver ones (I wish I had kept a photo). I liked their old stuff better.

These heels are still pretty good, also their 2" antique heel:

pavadita-blk-3-lg.jpg

They are all too high for me at the moment, since I had a bad sprained ankle that is taking forever to heal.

:(

olive bleu

One Too Many
what about boots?

Hello Girls, Well I am brand new in the lounge,but i have been reading for a few days and just have to say, i feel like i have found my sisters!On the topic of great vintage footwear... I need to buy new winter boots and i mean something warm that i can actually walk in ( here in Canada, it is a must,) but i don't want to sacrifice my love of vintage for practicality, any ideas on what would look good, but reasonably warm? and what about shoes good for walking? I love my pumps & all, but can't walk on them for a 45 minute hike to work!

texasgirl

One Too Many
olive bleu said:
Hello Girls, Well I am brand new in the lounge,but i have been reading for a few days and just have to say, i feel like i have found my sisters!On the topic of great vintage footwear... I need to buy new winter boots and i mean something warm that i can actually walk in ( here in Canada, it is a must,) but i don't want to sacrifice my love of vintage for practicality, any ideas on what would look good, but reasonably warm? and what about shoes good for walking? I love my pumps & all, but can't walk on them for a 45 minute hike to work!

What about one of these? They look warm, of course I'm in Texas ?!?!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/C/6007691/0~2376778~2372808~6007659~6007691

olive bleu

One Too Many
Thanks TEXASGIRL. These really would be quite cozy. i really do like a couple of the ones on page 1 especially the cole hann "calum" boot (in back) and the
stuart weitzman "bearwear"boot. I like that faux fur trim. But can we talk about the price here for a minute? $405? In my poor canadian bucks that would be $465 !! oh dear..the price of fashion ;{..but it does give me some ideas..i admit it is hard to look hot in winter boots..

texasgirl

One Too Many
LOL, Yeah, I thought the prices seemed high too! But they are cute, I liked the ColeHaan too- I thought the Born Vignette one looked kinda vintage

olive bleu

One Too Many
yeah they are really nice. i didn't notice those the first time.i quite like those actually.$164 isn't really TOO bad. that's kind of my max.And boots i tend to wear for years. Nice choice! You are so lucky texas girl that you don't have this dilema!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24