Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
did you see these? only available in bronze though

EDINA%20BRONZE%20LEATHER.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RedShoesGirl said:
did you see these? only available in bronze though

EDINA%20BRONZE%20LEATHER.jpg
LadyDeWinter said:
Originally posted by Rosie

Rosie, these are really cute and the heel isn't too high.
Those are such great shoes. I just wish I could find a pair like them that doesn't have such a high heel! I'd walk in those for five minutes and be in pain, that is if I didn't fall first!

Daisy Buchanan

RaasAlHayya said:
I would like to get these, but I need to go to the Naturalizer store and try them on first:

http://www.naturalizer.com/shop_online/item_detl.asp?CID=dress&PID=jordonna&variant_id=895N16&Size=%25%25%25%2D%25

Daisy, have the Naturalizer shoes you've bought been well-made?

--Leslie
I am very impressed with all the Naturalizer shoes I've bought. They are all very well made and very comfortable. I usually can't wear a heel, but in Naturalizer I can. I usually go up a half size so I can have a little extra room to add a Dr. Scholls messaging gel insert. These make a world of difference. I really like those shoes a lot, but I've been put on a shoe moratorium for I have bought 12 pairs in the past few months. Lets just say I was on the quest for the perfect pair of vintage-y shoes with a bit of a heel that I can actually walk in without too much pain... Naturalizer is the best at doing this. I just got the aerosoles that were posted by Dancing Sweetie in another thread. I haven't worn them yet, but Aerosoles are supposed to be just as comfortable as Naturalizer.
Gosh, I remember back in the day, since I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, I used to have to wear these awful orthopedic shoes. Now I can get the cutest and more stylish ones that are actually comfortable. So great...

Daisy Buchanan

Yesterday the Aerosoles that I ordered arrived. They are very cute, and I just love the kitten heel. They are incredibly comfortable, and they have a very soft cushiony in-step.
While I was looking on their website, I came across these. They are cute, vintagey, and if they are anything like the pair I bought, they should be very comfortable.

VivianRegan

One of the Regulars
Hey, Daisy B. (and everyone else dreaming of cute shoes)... Dr. Scholl's read our minds. I just found these tonight! They're called "Idol" and can be found here: www.drschollsshoes.com

Automatically comfy... can this be? At $80?

I'm lusting after the Honey Oat. It'd be nice to sport something like this all day long without pain.

Honey Oat:
shoes_iaec1022933.jpg

Black:
shoes_iaec1022932.jpg

Saddle Tan:
shoes_iaec1022934.jpg

Barbara

One of the Regulars
These Dr Scholl shoes are so really lovely. I have gotten on a shoe kick again as I think it's been years since I've bought any new shoes. I went to Re-Mix and was disappointed with the quality of the leather on some of their styles. These shoes would be perfect for work actually. They look like a tango shoe.

Solitaire

New in Town
One thing you can do is dye shoes you like to navy. Depending on what they are made of, you can either lighten black to navy or easily darken a lighter colour to navy. It's a bit labour intensive, but well worth the effort!

skinnychik

One of the Regulars
skinnychik said:
225-9038050katherina300.gif

Beautifeel Katherina - Navy Leather -
(I just ordered them!)

http://www.footwearetc.com/static_links/225-9038050.html

Okay, so I've got these now and YUMMY YUM YUM!
They are a truer navy than they appear in the photo...very dark. I wear them with this skirt: http://www.anntaylorloft.com/atlLMProductPage.process?RestartFlow=t&Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=37&Product_Id=88231#ATLtop
If you "Zoom for details" and click "VIEWS Back" you can see the VERY CUTE buttons closing the vent in the back.

The shoes, the pencil skirt, and a ruffled blouse create a very Golden Era look with all new clothes.

I recommend working the heel leather on the shoe a bit like you would with a new baseball glove when you first get them. All BeautiFeel shoes seem a little stiff at first, but the leather softens well and the padding inside is decadent.

Daisy Buchanan

More from Naturalizer

I just checked the Naturalizer site to look at their new releases for fall. They once again have some great vintagey shoes. These red ones come in some other colors, including a cute black with white trim.

These black and white ones also come in all black. I like them but wish the toe was a little rounder.

Although very cute and vintagey, they are a bit too high of a heel for me. But I thought you gals who can wear a higher heel might like them. My experience with Naturalizer has been very good. I was at the outlet the other day, and they had an incredible selection of vintage inspired shoes, all buy one get one half off. I didn't buy any though =-(
They are very well made shoes, and have super fast shipping.

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
Rosie said:
W3105.jpg

http://www.bornshoes.com/asp/shoepage.asp?itemid=W3105&CategoryID=135

I've never bought from this company but a friend of mine says they are really good.

Rosie, those are almost identical to the Texasgirl's Naturalizers:

texasgirl said:
These are super cute from Naturalizer and have a lower heel. Looks like they come in Black and Brown.
Also, I have the new t-straps that I just wore and they were real comfortable too. Zappos has them in red which I may need to get!

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

http://www.naturalizer.com/shop_onl...dress&PID=hugo&variant_id=10878001&Size=%%%-%

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

http://www.naturalizer.com/shop_onl...ess&PID=jordonna&variant_id=895N16&Size=%%%-%

I love both pairs!

--Leslie

Daisy Buchanan

OOHH! I just love all of these shoes you gals are posting. I just bought a pair of Aerosoles that look a lot like the Born shoes, except I like the heel on the born shoes a bit more. I really like the Dr. Scholls, and that brand is supposed to be so comfortable. I had no idea that they made shoes that looked like that. I really like the Saddle color, and am in need of new brown shoes. Ugh, so many choices, it's so hard to have restraint and not buy them all:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran