Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

artdecodame

One of the Regulars
Agreed about dance shoes! I have "character" heels (t-strap and maryjane styles) that are incredibly comfortable and pretty at the same time.
Thank you for those links; I already see things I like!! ;)

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I saw so many dreamy shoes on that Tango Shoes website!! MUST HAVE:

VC4233_4W.jpg

http://www.guaranteedfittangoshoes....idproduct=78&idCat=17&curPage=5&sortField=pop

Who has $114.00 to lend (give) me????? :) :) :)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
AJ, those are precious!

On a nother note, who is upset by all these new semi cute shoes that show toe clevage :rage: I am NOT a fan of toe clevage! Yuck.

LD

Kimberly

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
AJ, those are precious!

On a nother note, who is upset by all these new semi cute shoes that show toe clevage :rage: I am NOT a fan of toe clevage! Yuck.

LD

Me either LD, I have Fred Flinstone feet and try and hide as much of them as I can. I look ok in the peep toes, but can't stand the way my feet look when I see the toe cleavage.

Kim_B

Practically Family
:eek:fftopic: , well kind of...

You know what really peeves me? I have weird feet to begin with, but my little pinky-toe is uber weird...it is so small and when I wear certain sandals or open-toe shoes sometimes the little guy likes to sneak out from the cozy confines of the shoe!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Lady Day said:
AJ, those are precious!

LD

Ditto. I've got big flat feet, and toe cleavage makes them look bigger and flatter. Just another trend I wish would trend itself out.

Sunny

One Too Many
Dumb question... :p

What exactly is this toe cleavage? Are we talking modern peep toes that are too large compared to vintage? Those open-toe shoes where the hole's cut straight across? Regular sandals of any kind?

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's the parts where the toes join the foot. Ugh. In an article I read for some reason, which was so revolting I've forgotten where, it said that yes, peep toe shoes are coming back but with the modern update of toe cleavage. This is one of many reasons I hate anything modern. I think it was Lucky, Allure, Marie Claire, or Harper's Bazaar. ;)

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Sunny said:
Dumb question... :p

What exactly is this toe cleavage? Are we talking modern peep toes that are too large compared to vintage? Those open-toe shoes where the hole's cut straight across? Regular sandals of any kind?

If I use the word the way everyone else does, it means when the toe area of the shoe is cut lower on the foot so that the foot end of the toes show. You can see the lines where the toes begin, so it kinda looks like like cleavage. Personally, it looks a little more like plumbers crack of the toe to me! lol

Joie

Kimberly

Practically Family
Pink, they are soooo comfy!!! I just wish they had red and white polka dot shoes. :(

I got the Joan and Davids at Marshalls and guess what they had. One pair of Sailor pants (exaclty like the vintage ones you see on eBay for $20!!!!!). They were a size 10 and fell off of me. :(. I spent and additional 30 minutes looking for more but didn't see any. I am still tramatized. :( lol

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Re-Mix Shoes

I've heard all about them. Tonight I decided to look them up.

Do any of you ladies own any Re-Mix shoes?

If so, are they worth it? (They are quite pricey.)

Miss_Bella_Hell

Pink Dahlia said:

I love mine! Love them! Love them! Love them! I have size 9.5 feet though so there's no way I'm getting a pair of vintage wedges for less than $100 anyway. I find them exceedingly comfortable. Not all styles are true to size however, so I suggest visiting the store in LA is you have the opportunity.

Daisy Buchanan

Pink Dahlia said:

Hey Pink:)

I have yet to purchase a pair of. Remix, although they have quite a few pairs that I want. It's really out of sheer laziness. You have to place your order by phone, and I just haven't gotten around to doing it. I know, so silly! Although, I hear the store offers a lot more pairs than the website, and supposedly you can call and tell them what you are looking for and they might end up showing you pairs that aren't sold online.
But anyway, a lot of the gals here have them. The majority of the reviews are great. From what I hear they are well worth the money, very well made. Here's a couple of threads on them, I hope you find them useful. I'm sure that there's more than these two, so if you don't find your answers in them, you'll probably be able to find more info than what these two threads offer. I just did a search on "remix vintage shoes the fedora lounge" on google and a few things came up.
Check out this thread and this thread. I hope you find this useful:) Let us know if you decide to take the plunge!!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:

I ADORE my Remix shoes. And I have very finicky feet (super narrow and completely flat, so a lot of shoes are painful or even dangerous for me). I have both the Gloria and Capri wedgies and though the Gloria ones took a day of breaking in, but they are totally worth it. They are super comfy and I always get compliments on them. The Gloria ones are basically 2 for 1 shoes too, because the bows are detachable. If you have the money, go for it!

And I second visiting the store! One of the owners working there gave me a $40 discount for paying in cash and being a college student! He was totally helpful and really sweet.

BegintheBeguine

Still some left in size 8.5

BegintheBeguine said:
:D My shoes arrived today as promised. Every gal on this Forum should buy these shoes it they are in your size. Too cute and comfortable. http://www.endless.com/dp/B000IBPBV4/ref=rsl_1-0/?fromPage=mythings These might just be my new favorite shoes and with 300 pair in my house to choose from that is something. (The other 3 pair I got are nice, too.)
Wore these shoes out tonight in my size 6. It was a film noir night, by which I mean rainy. Turns out I had to park blocks away from the joint. The shoes were very comfy even with no gel inserts or insoles of any kind, and chic. Love these shoes!! $14.79!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo