Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dare I start a doll thread?

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
I just noticed that there seem to be a few more doll collectors here recently,so I just wondered if any of you closet doll fanatics wanted to share any pics? Have you made any fabulous outfits for your ladies?

I'll start....... I just added this one to my collection (well I'm waiting for her to come through the post :) ).....
ingenue.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Picture803.jpg

I made this dress.
Picture805.jpg

And this one. Those are not the best photos.
Picture810.jpg

Here are a few of my other dolls. I made most of the outfits. I also have the Audrey Hepburn (Breakfast At Tiffiany's dolls, Both Elizabeth Taylor Dolls and Vivien Leigh in yer 12 oaks dress. My sister has a beautiful Rita Hayworth as Gilda doll. I'll have to post a pic. I am looking to add an Ellowyne Wilde and a new Gene to my collection.

Sorry to rattle on so.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
You're not rattling at all :) I love the outfits you made, what kind of doll are the ones at the top on? I love the tiny flower and bow!! Just lovely.

I love the Elizabeth Taylor dolls, sadly I don't have them but they are so beautiful. I have not seen any close ups of the Rita Hayworth doll so would LOVE to see her!!!!!

I have a fair collection of Gene and Silkstone barbie, with a few Jenny dolls thrown in for measure I'll post some more pics on my day off work this week promise.

Ps....are those original Blythe dolls?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I was WAY into Gene at one time (though only on the second hand market--far too expensive new). I've got a couple of the Silkstone Barbies (does Robert Best still design them?) and I love the Brenda Starr series by Robert Tonner. I've got a couple of the Daphne Dimples dolls from that series--I love that scuplt. Lots of plans to make vintage clothes for them but not much done yet.

MJrules

One of the Regulars
Whoo-Hoo!

DollsDollsDolls! :p I made a cloth body doll from The Doll Book by Estelle Ansley Worrell and have just ordered almost all of The Wish Booklets by Susan Bonsall Sirkis...I can't wait to make my own Scarlett O'Hara dolls.

Have any of you ladies used either of the books for doll/doll clothes making? As soon as I get some presentable outfits whipped up, I'm posting like a maniac!

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
I've collected dolls forever--starting with my beloved American Girls (I have five!). My grandmother recently gave me her collection, which includes Princess Margaret, a wartime doll made from parachute material, and Sonja Heine. I just don't have anywhere to display them right now...!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
MJrules said:
DollsDollsDolls! :p I made a cloth body doll from The Doll Book by Estelle Ansley Worrell and have just ordered almost all of The Wish Booklets by Susan Bonsall Sirkis...I can't wait to make my own Scarlett O'Hara dolls.

Have any of you ladies used either of the books for doll/doll clothes making? As soon as I get some presentable outfits whipped up, I'm posting like a maniac!

I loved loved loved those Estelle Ansley Worrell books as a teenager--I wonder if she's still around? Her book on making dollhouse furniture is fun too. I made some of the stuff from her books and I remember the patterns going together very well but that it was designed for barbies (tiny waist); you might have to make some adjustments to fit other dolls.

I've got most of the Wish Booklets but I've only made a few things for dollhouse sized dolls. I don't recall any problems.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
imoldfashioned said:
I was WAY into Gene at one time (though only on the second hand market--far too expensive new). I've got a couple of the Silkstone Barbies (does Robert Best still design them?) and I love the Brenda Starr series by Robert Tonner. I've got a couple of the Daphne Dimples dolls from that series--I love that scuplt. Lots of plans to make vintage clothes for them but not much done yet.
Do you make clothes for them? I found tons of free patterns online.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
AllaboutEve said:
You're not rattling at all :) I love the outfits you made, what kind of doll are the ones at the top on? I love the tiny flower and bow!! Just lovely.

I love the Elizabeth Taylor dolls, sadly I don't have them but they are so beautiful. I have not seen any close ups of the Rita Hayworth doll so would LOVE to see her!!!!!

I have a fair collection of Gene and Silkstone barbie, with a few Jenny dolls thrown in for measure I'll post some more pics on my day off work this week promise.

Ps....are those original Blythe dolls?

The doll on the top is Ellowyne Wilde. You should check out the Wilde Imagination website. Her back story is funny. She suffers from Ennui. The Blythe doll is an Ashton Drake copy of the originals from the 70's. I havent found a Takara one I like in my price range. I may splurge on Merry Skier soon. I will post the Gilda doll as soon as I get batteries for my camera.

I also collect and make paper dolls. I am a true pack rat.

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
Oh, I just love Ellowyne Wilde! She's got the most adorable clothes. I want them for myself!

This one doesn't have hair yet. She's supposed to have Louise Brooks hair, but I haven't found a good wig for that yet.
1.jpg

This one is my husband's doll. (the photo was taken by the woman who did her paint job. She has lighter red hair at our house. Also clothes.)

frecksooah6.jpg

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I only have this one...

but isn't she cute? I would like to make her a wardrobe! Her original dress is a bit frayed. She is aout 12" tall, like a Barbi. But muy vieja.

l_275f8ba92fdbad8804d63a201f74d14b.jpg

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
sweetfrancaise said:
I've collected dolls forever--starting with my beloved American Girls (I have five!). My grandmother recently gave me her collection, which includes Princess Margaret, a wartime doll made from parachute material, and Sonja Heine. I just don't have anywhere to display them right now...!

:eek: You have FIVE American girls!!! I don't have any vintage Barbie but have always known that if I did it would definitely be an American Girl.......pictures please ......pretty please!:eek:

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
Here are some of my dolls

:D
1910170844_3ef41399e3_o.jpg
my little apple doll Irae,
1910170674_ca0674ad57_o.jpg
My series five living dead doll Hollywood,
1909334107_9ecaeb04b8_o.jpg
1909333913_daef285d0c_o.jpg
and living dead dolls series 5 Dahlia in the both versions. It is obvious of who she's designed after. I don't have any photos of my own so I had to use the stock photos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou