Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dare to Dream: Your "Ultimate" Leather Jacket

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I love my Ducati but could never really get completely used to it. It's the coolest thing ever to ride but too sporty. For me. I guess I'm just not cut out for it...
duuude, you have super cool red ducati, and super cool red CR/ BR jacket... and instead you're trekking in the wilderness with frogs and snails:confused:, you do it wrong man... very wrong :D

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
This one ...
View attachment 50533

OR

this one ...
View attachment 50534

Any heavier of faster, I wouldn't want to contemplate the consequences for me. :eek:

buy both and fuse them into one;)
jkUr33u.jpg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
When I was a 14 y/o kid I owned an Indian Arrow cycle, and wouldn't mind having it back now.:rolleyes: This is the closest facsimile I could find on the net when I googled the cycle. As I recall mine was a 1949 model and paid $250 for it. How times have changed.
f6d0a61bc85405a7ba3e1f6dd908b29f.jpg

theundeadkennedy

One of the Regulars
I personally prefer Ducati as a brand, I have an 848 currently and it's an amazing bike. The kicker is the Duc sport classic is 10 years old now and while it's got a great engine etc, it doesn't have any of the modern safety features like ABS and traction control that the new thruxton does.

My real dream bike is for Ducati to realise they were on to a good thing and re release the sport classic but update with the new modern features like triumph have done....that's the real dream....

I've always appreciated Ducati as a brand. When I was a kid I dreamt of getting a Monster when I was old enough to own and afford one. Somewhere along the way my dad's influence crept in and I got into Classic British bikes.

That's where my main interest has stayed for the most part. However, if money was no concern and I could have many bikes in my stable, there would be a few Ducatis in the mix for sure, hopefully including updated Sport Classic you wrote about above. I would still probably end up getting a Thruxton sooner than the Sport Classic though.

I moved back home to Alaska about 5 years ago from California and haven't owned a bike since. The riding season is so short and I travel for work at least half the time, so it hasn't seemed like a worthwhile investment recently. If we do end up moving back down into the lower 48, I imagine I would be shopping around for a classic Norton fairly quickly.

Graemsay

Practically Family
OK, we're veering rapidly off topic, but motorcycles... :D

The Thruxton R is probably the king of retro bikes right now. A lot of the accessories have been delayed, but the fairing makes for a convincing take on the Paul Smart style Ducatis.

This is a customised version that was built in collaboration with Barbour. More details at MCN.

DSC_3052.jpg

There are rumours that Ducati will be building a bigger Scrambler, and that could be an alternative to the Triumphs. Given that the Thruxtons are now sold out until September, I can see them wanting a piece of that market.

Mr Martini modified a Scrambler Sixty2 into a retro sportsbike. Ducati should really offer a fairing like this as an option.

pace_sixty2_scrambler_9.jpg

The R nineT and upcoming Scrambler look nice, and I've got a soft spot for the XSR 900.

The Nortons are nicer finished than the Triumphs, but cost about 50% more, and aren't as up to date. I'd take a Thruxton over one of them.

BobJ

Practically Family
Hey A-1, do you ever use that back cargo pocket? What for? How big is it?

And about your ride... someone rode one of those into a city a long time ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran