• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

Discussion in 'The Moving Picture' started by Lady Day, Jun 2, 2008.

2. GHT

GHT My Mail is Forwarded Here

Clare Hollingworth, the Daily Telegraph correspondent who broke the news of World War Two, has died in Hong Kong aged 105.
    The British journalist was hailed for her "scoop of the century" after she spotted German tanks on the Polish border in August 1939.

Stearmen likes this.
  3. She was already 27 years old when she delivered that scoop. Holy Cats she lived a long life.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Kirk H. likes this.
  4. Buddy Greco.

5. Tommy Allsup, One of Buddy Holly's Crickets. Legend has it, he lost the coin toss to Ritchie Valens Febuary 3, 1959 in Clear Water, Iowa. Though Dion DiMucci, of Dion And The Belmonts claims he won the coin toss, but balked at the exorbitant charge of $36.00 for the flight! Either way, history was made that night.

6. I think he "won" either way!

7. Dick Gautier, arguably best known for portraying Hymie the Robot in the television series Get Smart, died at an assisted living facility on Friday night after a long illness according to his daughter. He was 85 years old.

8. Stearmen likes this.
  9. Did I miss it or did TCM not do their usual Hollywood Farewell short this year? You know the one where they detail all those we lost in 2016? I was looking for it.

Worf

10. Actor Miguel Ferrer died Thursday following a battle with throat cancer; he was 61 years old.

11. Inkstainedwretch

Inkstainedwretch Practically Family

61 is way too early to go. Word has it he was on the set of the "Twin Peaks" sequel reprising his role as Albert when he was taken to the hospital.

12. Loved him in the hilarious "Hot Shots" films.

Worf

13. carouselvic

carouselvic My Mail is Forwarded Here

RIP MTM

14. BobHufford

BobHufford My Mail is Forwarded Here