Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Designing first Aero

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Teamster is significantly roomier than the 30s HB. For all I know a size 42 30s HB has 24" pit to pit, a size 42 Teamster 25" pit to pit (one size up basicly) and isn't tapered like the 30s HB. It's a cool jacket if you want a relaxed fitting casual jacket. I wore mine a lot until I sold it, which I slightly regret, I may get another one with a few modifications based on my experiences..

minisoda

Familiar Face
Carrie and I have been working closely and narrowed down to Teamster in size 40. After a lot of debate, I decided to go with a mid weight. Battered seal. Not a ton of pics out there of battered seal teamsters, but all the more reason it will be unique!

Dav

One Too Many
FQHH Teamster, size 42
DSC_0103 (683x1024).jpg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
My Teamster was inspired by the one bought by @Dav (Nick) although I think I recall Nick's having a plain back. As a point of reference I am 6'2" but set the back length of my Teamster at 28.5" which is 2" to 3" shorter than standard. My brown FQHH size 42 Teamster is lined with moleskin body shell and cotton drill sleeves. In cold weather I have sufficient room to layer underneath, generally with a Filson Mackinaw wool or moleskin vest.

I also have have a size 42 Mulligan (brown jerky mid-weight HH) and Maxwell (black veg tanned goatskin), both made from 1930's half belt patterns, same as the size 42 1930's half belt fit jacket you were sent. Both my Mulligan and Maxwell are lined with cotton drill throughout.

Given what I currently have and the way I use what I have, I think that a size 40 Teamster would be a bit too tight for me, particularly for layering underneath which I don't do with my Mulligan or Maxwell. Insurrection prefers trim fitting jackets but think a size 40 Teamster might be too tight if layering underneath? As a side note, if I lived in Minnesota, I think my go to outerwear would be a Filson Double Mackinaw Cruiser while wearing a heavy wool flannel shirt underneath.

Good luck with whichever direction you go with this.

minisoda

Familiar Face
Thanks Fanch. Working closely with Carrie, I took measurements on a Johnson leather jacket that I love the fit on. Those measurements lined up perfectly with the 40 Teamster and will give room for a nice sweater.

Also decided on the Harris wool tweed in “autumn” color.

I am thinking 28.5 will be perfect for the length. Might have to shorten the std 40 just a hair to get that length.

For reference, I am 5’9” 185 lb and wear 34x30 jeans.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good call on the Harris Tweed lining! The autumn color was not available when I ordered my Teamster or I would have picked it in a heartbeat.

minisoda

Familiar Face
As a side note, if I lived in Minnesota, I think my go to outerwear would be a Filson Double Mackinaw Cruiser while wearing a heavy wool flannel shirt underneath.

..... Aaaand, my wallet is $400 lighter.... thanks a lot FANCH.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
..... Aaaand, my wallet is $400 lighter.... thanks a lot FANCH.
:D
Seriously though, A Filson Double Mackinaw Cruiser would not in any way duplicate any leather jacket. For N central Texas I have a 24 oz. Mackinaw Cruiser that I use for really cold weather, but a Double Mac would simply be too much for anywhere in Texas, including the Texas panhandle, although not for Minnesota.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner