Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diamond Clothing Buco J100 review.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Really, when it comes to long distance orders, I'd go belt and braces to make it 100 % clear: v clear, detailed instructions with illustrative photos of what you're referring to!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I only mentioned it because two customers both had 2" discrepancies. And I then wondered if maybe it's attributed to the jacket. But then there's Carlos with his remakes not going to plan so I'm probably wrong, but I thought it was worth a mention.

I think that it's fair to be very clear and strong when it comes to giving a vendor your numbers.
If you're doing it that way - as opposed to the Thurston method of sample jackets - then you need to be firm on paper.
However - doing this also means that if you DO fuggit up, it's on you, not the maker.
If the maker does it wrong, 100% they should make it right - esp at this price point. I would just hope - as we've stressed here for years - that folks work with the vendors before coming in here and letting loose. It's just poor gamesmanship. If the vendor won't make it right, then by all means, come on in and have at it!

dan_t

Practically Family
I've said this before, but there was very little traction; I for one would welcome a manufacturer making an instructional video on how THEY measure people & their finished products.
If they do this, rather than some questionable sketches online, we all stand a greater chance of happiness & less wastage.
It's really not that hard to do with an iPhone & YouTube.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think that's an excellent idea. BK, to their credit, did not a bad job with their 'how to measure' pics, but I think a video illustrating how to do it would be ideal. I wonder if it's concern about liability for people who still screw it up, which there would invariably be, that stops them doing this?

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I think that's an excellent idea. BK, to their credit, did not a bad job with their 'how to measure' pics, but I think a video illustrating how to do it would be ideal. I wonder if it's concern about liability for people who still screw it up, which there would invariably be, that stops them doing this?
Fantastic pictures....sadly, struggle to provide leather in a timely,non homophobic manner....

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
It boggles my mind that anyone would send (and expect a response from) 200 emails.

It boggles my mind that anyone could have that many things to say to the maker. I've ordered 3 jackets from Johnson Leathers entirely via email, no phone conversations, and I don't think I sent more than 6 emails for each jacket.

A-1

One Too Many
The problem with me is, that all these endless possibilities are making me crazy.
And when you read about how things get weird on other loungers' orders, you just try to be more precise and more precise. Just to make absolutely clear that it's understood.
It's a big risk making orders via email and having them sent overseas with customs and shipping. And you just want to make sure everything's made clear before that.
I have sent a pdf form with my final desired measurements before the making of the jacket.
And yeah, still, I didn't plan on making it a hundred mails. Haha.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
yeah I hope in the future we can bluetooth our tought, so difficult to explain it with words.

there is a control to check if the other side understand your points by asking them to tell you back using their own words what you have ordered them to do, pretty much like what waiters in restaurant do... I don't know how to ask that politely to a jacket maker though :D

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'd fear that by the 600th email that whatever you had stipulated in the first/400th email was completely different. Or forgotten. Or just plain ignored. It's like when somebody gives you complicated directions to somewhere: you take in the first few, or perhaps the last couple of turns, but for the rest the person may as well be like the teacher in old Charlie Brown cartoons!

I ended up sending one of my jackets to the maker along with photos of me in it and notes on what I did and did not like about the fit. Along with a slew of photos from many different jackets that had the details. After that...you need to trust the maker :)

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I ended up sending one of my jackets to the maker along with photos of me in it and notes on what I did and did not like about the fit. Along with a slew of photos from many different jackets that had the details. After that...you need to trust the maker :)

Yeah, but that was no ordinary "maker."

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When I ordered my first Aero, I probably sent what's her name 60 emails. So many options, so much money, and so far away.
Now, it's a handful. It comes with time, knowledge and experience. Give the guy a break. Dropping that much on your "grail" the first time is daunting.

^ Well said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters