Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diamond Clothing Buco J100 review.

A bright russet is harder to match with things, but I think it's an essential part of your closet. For sure a med/darker brown is a must for most, if not then black. But I love a nice bright russet jacket.

A-1

One Too Many
A bright russet is harder to match with things, but I think it's an essential part of your closet. For sure a med/darker brown is a must for most, if not then black. But I love a nice bright russet jacket.
I had some lighter colored jackets before but never really kept one as I never really wore them much. I'm not talking leather here, just in general. I tend to grab the darker ones more frequently.
I also don't like to overthink what I'm wearing. I'm a simple man. I tend to grab the same pair of pants for months and months. Until something is broken and needs fixing. I hoped the BK would be this kind of jacket to me, but it's not. Hopefully it will be to somebody else.
Or just the essential bright russet in the wardrobe. Haha.

- Everything's Collapsing! -

Carlos, this being some of the most stunning leather I've ever seen, I'm really curious to see what time and wear is doing to it. Any chance of seeing what's it like now? :)

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, time and wear isn't doing much to it...
It has lost some of it's shine and gained a little more creases in the elbows, but nothing major.
I do have a real problem with the bottom of the lining fraying a lot.

I was thinking about adding some recent broken in pictures from a couple jackets, my AL Cafe Racer is looking amazing, i will probably take a couple of the DD too.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
So, here are a few evo pics i took this morning.
A little less shine, a little more grain (if that is even possible), but no major changes.
I do think it has somewhat shrunk ever so slightly after getting pretty wet once, but it doesn't influence fit.

The few problems i have with it are the lining fraying, and also there are a few spots were there are slight cuts in the leather.
It's weird because i am positive the leather was cut, and then a top coat was applied over it, keeping the "flap" of the cut (a bit like when you cut yourself at an angle and a flap of skin that hangs by a side is left) closed. With wear, the bond created by the top coat broke, and now the flaps flap open. Not a big deal, as they are pretty small (5mm wide), but still not great.
Don't know if it was done by dave or at the tannery, but between this and the staple holes in the back, it's not great.

L1000290_zpshaq1j9cs.jpg

L1000292_zpsdlnfli3y.jpg

L1000294_zpshpwrva52.jpg

L1000300_zpsfwbhwdfo.jpg

L1000295_zpsvejsohvs.jpg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
so sorry to hear about that Carlos, cuz it looks soooo cool!

It's really not a big deal, it's not like it's going through or anything.
It's almost like a few rough fibers were left before the top coat was applied, preventing it from bounding properly.
They then started to lift creating small cuts here and there.

Honestly, i don't care anymore. This jacket and the whole DD experience annoyed me so much in the beginning that i decided to just wear it a lot and beat the crap out of it.
Between the grain and the multitude of imperfections and flaws it actually looks very cool.
It's actually quite liberating to not care at all about what you do to a fine leather jacket, i even managed to put some neon green paint on it, just scraped it off with a knife, no problem!

Reactions: A-1
Looks as ace as ever! People would pay some serious money just for this sort of grain and patina. Still, shame to hear it has this many issues... That leather looks very thin on the photos? What's the weight of it?

It's actually quite liberating to not care at all about what you do to a fine leather jacket, i even managed to put some neon green paint on it, just scraped it off with a knife, no problem!

I hear you. Same how I'm treating that Vanson House, just 'cause I got it cheap - though this particular beast is very reluctant to show for it. Winnipeg winter did nothing to it! It got decorated with a few Canadian flag pins, though. XD

Thanks for the photos!

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys,

Handymike, i have tried cement already, doesn't work, or at least i can't get it to work, the flaps are just too thin.

Monitor, not sure about thickness, but it is in between my FQHH Alexander Leathers and my ELMC, i would say probably 3 oz.

Barnabus, glad this beast could get you out of the shadows!

A-1

One Too Many
The leather is incredible on this one! Never seen anything like this before!
Sorry to hear about the flaws. But just keep wearing it! It's a beautiful jacket Carlos!

mr_lits

A-List Customer
For all its shortcomings this could be the most beautiful J100 I have ever seen. Cut is good and grain is ridiculous, the rest is just details. Wear it hard and enjoy it.

Reactions: A-1
A little grainier than mine, but yes, that's the Shinki. It's great. Perfect weight - esp for this area. I can almost wear it year-round. Cracker of a jacket up there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IGDS